Helweg/Stendahl value charts ... - page 34

jmmn:
Thanks. You are being very kind. I hope this is a "reasonable" question and the last one today: May I know the indicator that shows your on chart dots?
Good morning, mntiwana. Please, pass on to me, if you do not mind, the indicator that shows those dots on your chart. They seem to be very accurate and I believe that they do not repaint. Am I right? All the best!

jmmn:
Good morning, mntiwana. Please, pass on to me, if you do not mind, the indicator that shows those dots on your chart. They seem to be very accurate and I believe that they do not repaint. Am I right? All the best!
Thank you so much, dear mntiwana!

mntiwana:

jmmn

Brother you are always welcome,i was just kidding as for "reasonable" :)

don't limit your self at last ..... carry on .... these are two very famous and A class prime indicators of TSD.and my favorite ones.

attached here.

regards

I am missing your dots... 

https://www.mql5.com/en/charts/5764264/eurmxn-d1-fxpro-financial-services 

jmmn:
Thank you so much, dear mntiwana!

I believes 99.9% of tsd owned indicators (not the indicators that are imported from out source) especially coded by mladen/mrtools do not repaint except few that was made as joke simply.and i never mind for good deeds :) and lastly any best of best indicator do not perform equally accurate all the time or in every market situation,it only depends how market price was in action that time (trendy/ranging) .

regards

mntiwana:

I believes 99.9% of tsd owned indicators (not the indicators that are imported from out source) especially coded by mladen/mrtools do not repaint except few that was made as joke simply.and i never mind for good deeds :) and lastly any best of best indicator do not perform equally accurate all the time or in every market situation,it only depends how market price was in action that time (trendy/ranging) .

regards

Thanks! A good advice!

mladen:

This one is made at the request from simba

Instead of using fixed +8,+4,-4 and -8 level this one is using dynamic zones for levels (including the "zero line" - the zero line is calculated as a dynamic zone too). Some explanation as of how the ones are calculated is necessary :
- "upper" zones are calculated using high values ("prices") of value chart

- "lower" zones are calculated using low values ("prices") of value chart

- "zero line" is calculated using (high+low)/2

It is done so in order to be able to identify high and low prices penetrating the zones (which is the primary goal of value charts) At a first glance it seems that it is OK (in some cases I can not believe what is it showing, but will let you all see and find out for yourself what is it all about - just a hint : see when some penetrations are happening on a dynamic zones (the time of those penetrations), but it all needs actual testing and confirmation from a real time work in order to use it in real time trading)
PS: had to remove averages from this one (will try to find out some solution that will include them, but for now it does not look that with 5 zones it will be possible)

to pietergvp : answering just the part about the speed - bars are drawn as objects in this one (no other way to draw bars in a separate window using metatrader 4) and unfortunately, when it comes to objects, metatrader tends to slow down significantly when there is a lot of objects. Since in this one there are 2 objects per each bar, if you use large number for "Max bars on chart" (in the tools->options->charts) then you are going to end up in a problem. I am using 5000 bars and it is enough for any of my "visual" tests. Back tests and similar do not depend on that setting, so you can easily use that number of bars and not suffer any loss of information in back tests (and it will speed up significantly some of the work metatrader does)

Hi mladen, I'm an italian trader. Me too use Value Chart indicator but static indicator with levels 8,10, etc... I saw your picture but I cannot to find a big different between your indicator and the normal Value Chart.... Why, for you, dynamic Value Cart is better and when there's signals to entry??? Thank you very much!!

newdigital:

It is better to keep this dll file in original post (because in this case - the authoer can change this file any time).

The file is in zip archive in attachment.

Unzip it and place to library folder.

explanations are on the images:

your library folder should look like that:

settings for metatrader (allow dll and so on):

This post https://www.mql5.com/enhttps://www.mql5.com/en/forum

(dll file is inside this zip archive so unzip it using WinZip or Winrar as Winrar is free as a trial for all life long

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173397/page11 :

newdigital but here (on forum) I saw only mql4 file and not ddl... can you post it please?

Milko:
Hi mladen, I'm an italian trader. Me too use Value Chart indicator but static indicator with levels 8,10, etc... I saw your picture but I cannot to find a big different between your indicator and the normal Value Chart.... Why, for you, dynamic Value Cart is better and when there's signals to entry??? Thank you very much!!

Milko

"Normal value chart"? Please read the Helveg-Stendhal book about value charts and, for start, you shall see that level 10 does not exist at all in the original value chart and those levels were never existing in any of the original value chart versions. If I am not mistaken (and I believe I am not), the version I made was the first version for metatrader - back in 2009 - and it is honoring the original logic of it to the letter (including the way how sampling is done - which is nothing close to some versions for mt4 that appeared later and neglected to use that sampling method and are, probably due to that omission of original sampling method, unable to honor the level 8 significance and then levels like level 10 were "invented")

As of the dynamic zone versions : as any dynamic zones it should, by adapting to value changes, make possible to have earlier signals. The dynamic zones version (as you can see from the text of the post that you quoted) was made at the request, so you should probably ask the user that made that request why does he think that it is better

all the best

mladen:

Milko

"Normal value chart"? Please read the Helveg-Stendhal book about value charts and, for start, you shall see that level 10 does not exist at all in the original value chart and those levels were never existing in any of the original value chart versions. If I am not mistaken (and I believe I am not), the version I made was the first version for metatrader - back in 2009 - and it is honoring the original logic of it to the letter (including the way how sampling is done - which is nothing close to some versions for mt4 that appeared later and neglected to use that sampling method and are, probably due to that omission of original sampling method, unable to honor the level 8 significance and then levels like level 10 were "invented")

As of the dynamic zone versions : as any dynamic zones it should, by adapting to value changes, make possible to have earlier signals. The dynamic zones version (as you can see from the text of the post that you quoted) was made at the request, so you should probably ask the user that made that request why does he think that it is better

all the best

Thank you! But need dll file? Here (on forum) I don't find it.. :-( Can you post it here? Tks!!

Milko:
Thank you! But need dll file? Here (on forum) I don't find it.. :-( Can you post it here? Tks!!

The only dll that I can think of is the dynamiczones.dll (if you are using the dynamic zones version)

You can download it from here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179876

Reason: