Adaptive lookback indicators - page 101

mladen, I'm talking about when I was not satisfied with the default settings of the indicator...  - I wont change Rsx lenght(to 13)   - my script read only indicaror's file from folder.
And more I would like to ask this indicator whith "Custom time frame". It would be very useful for my neural network.

if you can not offer it to me... Please create .ex4 whith parameters  Rsx lenght(13) & function "Custom time frame" default on "Custom time frame" 1M   ////   &  default on "Custom time frame" 5M

Mladen, MrTools or any other Forex-TSD guru,

could you please shed some light on this indicator and whether it's worth fixing it because right now when I try to attach it to a chart MetaTrader 4 build 988 does not complain but the indicator does not show up.  Also, does it make sense and/or is it possible to make it adaptive?

Kind Regards.

I've just noticed that the name is a bit scrambled. This is how it should look like if it makes any difference though:

#Soho_SuperTrend_MovingHULL.mq4

Dostoyevsky:

Mladen, MrTools or any other Forex-TSD guru,

could you please shed some light on this indicator and whether it's worth fixing it because right now when I try to attach it to a chart MetaTrader 4 build 988 does not complain but the indicator does not show up.  Also, does it make sense and/or is it possible to make it adaptive?

Kind Regards.

Dostoyevsky

You need the "HullMA" indicator too - without it that indicator will not work

kostumer27:

mladen, I'm talking about when I was not satisfied with the default settings of the indicator...  - I wont change Rsx lenght(to 13)   - my script read only indicaror's file from folder.
And more I would like to ask this indicator whith "Custom time frame". It would be very useful for my neural network.

if you can not offer it to me... Please create .ex4 whith parameters  Rsx lenght(13) & function "Custom time frame" default on "Custom time frame" 1M   ////   &  default on "Custom time frame" 5M

What I am trying to say is the following :

You have to use iCustom() (script or no script) to import data from the code and then to export it to some csv. Please post your iCustom() call so that it can be revised to work as you expect it to work (or, please post the code that you are using for that, as I told iin the original post). There is no need whatsoever to change defaults or to post mql. when you can achieve all that you need with a simple iCustom() call and with that same ex4 file that you already have

Here is a sample of my line iCustom 

iCustom(SymbolName,PeriodMinutes,"rsx vhf adaptive - mtf",0,i),

How I can change parameters "rsx vhf adaptive - mtf.ex4" ?

And and more, please, mladen, my big request - create this indicator with the function "Custom time frame" (for atypical TF).

kostumer27:

Here is a sample of my line iCustom 

iCustom(SymbolName,PeriodMinutes,"rsx vhf adaptive - mtf",0,i),

How I can change parameters "rsx vhf adaptive - mtf.ex4" ?

And and more, please, mladen, my big request - create this indicator with the function "Custom time frame" (for atypical TF).

Do something like this :

enum enPrices
{
   pr_close,      // Close
   pr_open,       // Open
   pr_high,       // High
   pr_low,        // Low
   pr_median,     // Median
   pr_typical,    // Typical
   pr_weighted,   // Weighted
   pr_average,    // Average (high+low+open+close)/4
   pr_medianb,    // Average median body (open+close)/2
   pr_tbiased,    // Trend biased price
   pr_haclose,    // Heiken ashi close
   pr_haopen ,    // Heiken ashi open
   pr_hahigh,     // Heiken ashi high
   pr_halow,      // Heiken ashi low
   pr_hamedian,   // Heiken ashi median
   pr_hatypical,  // Heiken ashi typical
   pr_haweighted, // Heiken ashi weighted
   pr_haaverage,  // Heiken ashi average
   pr_hamedianb,  // Heiken ashi median body
   pr_hatbiased   // Heiken ashi trend biased price
};

extern int      rsxLength   = 25;
extern enPrices rsxPrice    = pr_close;
extern double   rsxModifier = 1.5;

double value=iCustom(SymbolName,PeriodMinutes,"rsx vhf adaptive - mtf",0,rsxLength,rsxPrice,rsxModifier,0,i);

So your PeriodMinutes determines the time frame, not the time frame parameter of the rsx indicator (and that is the way how any indicator, not just that one, that is multi time frame should be called using iCustom() call)

As of time frame : when using iCustom() all you have to do is something like this and you can use any time frame you want :

extern int PeriodMinutes=999; // Whatever time frame minutes you want (I used 999 as an example)
                              // you can set it as any regular parameter

//
//
//
//
//

double value=iCustom(SymbolName,PeriodMinutes,"rsx vhf adaptive - mtf",0,rsxLength,rsxPrice,rsxModifier,0,i);

mladen:

Dostoyevsky

You need the "HullMA" indicator too - without it that indicator will not work

just checked and HullMA is already there. When I open it in the MetaEditor it does compile without even a warning but when I try to run it I have the same issue. It does not show up so the problem is obviously with HullMA. I have attached it for your review. 

My question is: does it make sense to make "#Soho_SuperTrend_MovingHULL" adaptive? 

Files:
HullMA.mq4  3 kb

Dostoyevsky:

just checked and HullMA is already there. When I open it in the MetaEditor it does compile without even a warning but when I try to run it I have the same issue. It does not show up so the problem is obviously with HullMA. I have attached it for your review. 

My question is: does it make sense to make "#Soho_SuperTrend_MovingHULL" adaptive? 

SuperTrend_MovingHULL is using arrays as if they are buffers

Dostoyevsky:

Or you can use super trend averages and or super trend hull and alert (all 2 ver by MLADEN) if soho ver is not so necessary.

Reason: