Adaptive lookback indicators - page 4

MrTools, ...

We have alb - Stochastic ds jurik.mq4, or something peers

?

Thanks

MrTools , near future

MrTools, Alexander Elder used Macd multiplied with Factor = 5 to have a view over the near future.

"Can you recommend an indicator of Jurik or ... another indicator of the range Adaptive Lookback to have a view about the near future, let's say 1 week?

Thanks ..

over again.

Mrtools and Mladen,

Can you smooth the Phase Change Index with jurik and add alb ,just like

the last indicator you attached(CCI example)?

Mladen, I attached the Phase Change Index ,I am not sure if this is the right one?

I thank both of you.

Files:

biddick:
Mrtools and Mladen,

Can you smooth the Phase Change Index with jurik and add alb ,just like

the last indicator you attached(CCI example)?

Mladen, I attached the Phase Change Index ,I am not sure if this is the right one?

I thank both of you.

Here you go! Top sub window is Pci on ds jurik, and bottom is with adaptive lookback!

Mrtools, Mladen

Quen,... could elaborate on conditions when : Change TREND LINE

the white line, or end the TREND LINE

(looks like a ZigZac)

Thanks

Mrtools, Mladen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quen,... could elaborate on conditions when : Change TREND LINE

the white line, or end the TREND LINE

(looks like a ZigZac)

Files:

Mrtools, Mladen

price moves, ...the white line FOR LOOKS THAT IS DELAYED FOR ESTABLISHING THE END OF THE TREND ...

overview of methods to adapt lookback period

Hi,

interesting way to look at the look-back period for an indicator. Maybe we can do a thread that focuses on all different methods to make the period of an indicator dynamic. If I can get started:

- spectral methods for dominant cycle extraction:

* FFT

* MESA

* Goertzel

* other filter banks

- fractal method:

* CFB by Mark Jurik

- price action:

* swing high/swing low: alb

I have also worked on something myself: it's remarkably simple, based on the number of bars since the last zig zag swing. Off course the zig zag repaints, so you can't use it on a live chart, but I'm interested in pursuing the idea that price action "pushes" the look-back window further open. Let's cooperate here? Or Mladen, can you make a causal version of this?

Files:

mrtools:
Here you go! Top sub window is Pci on ds jurik, and bottom is with adaptive lookback!

Mrtools,

Thank you , but are you sure this is correct ?Please check :https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/debates-discussions/116-something-interesting-please-post-here/page93#comment_410749 https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/debates-discussions/116-something-interesting-please-post-here/page93#comment_410818 thanks.

MrM

I like the idea

I don't know about making it causal (as you said it already, it is a zigzag, and so far I haven't seen this kind of zigzag that would allow us to do it - there are some non repainting ones, but since they are are usually delaying the drawing of the penultimate leg in order to not repaint, I do not think that they would be of use in this idea)

Anyway, made some changes in the indicator in order to avoid last "cycle" value distortion (commented on the picture) and to hook up to eventual last leg of the zigzag indicator change. Will see some usage of this one (it will cause recalculating but let see what can we get - no idea should be dismissed )
]]
PS: it still needs the zigzag.mq4 from your post in order to work
Files:
mrm.gif  29 kb
Reason: