Adaptive lookback indicators - page 11

CromCruach:
Here is something for someone, who wants to work with Teager-Kaiser Operator

Look into attachement - zipped files (pdf and matlab) .

Maybe someone can modified and implement them for mql???

CromCruach, it seems that the zip is damagged. Can't open it. please check.

trendick:

It was packed with 7-zip ( look here 7-Zip ) and it works for me...

Please try 7-zip and if the attached file will not unpack - let me know about it...

It is ok for me too.

Just to confirm : it is OK (I use 7-zip too, and I think that it is the best packer around )

As of m-code : thanks - it is always good to have new stuff to chew on .

But I just wish it would be easy to convert to mql (the underlying library, the way how matlab uses matrixes is way beyond what mql can do normally, not to mention that matlab (mathworks) has more than 2000 employees of which a lot of them are probably better in math than I am) Will try, but please do not take this as a promise

Mladen

trendick:
Hi MrM, great. Looking forward to seeing this. Are you planning to write it yourself?

What bothers me about the ITD is the lag. Looking at the algorithm you see that the first intrinsic wave is extracted whenever you observe the next local extrema. Then you extract the fastest intrinsic wave and you extract the next one recuresively when you see the next local extrama in the reminder of the signal (after subtracting that wave), etc. So essentially you incur, even for the first wave, a lag that is similar zigzag. So I wonder how useful this can be in real time. Does this make sense? What do you think?

- trendick

I'm not writing the matlab code because I'm getting it from the US Patent . I'll post it when I get my CD-R...

About the lag: I know.. the lag would be the number of bars since the last extremum. It's the eternal problem of the right edge of the window..

Another interesting EMD-clone is Hilbert Vibration Decomposition

MrM:
I'm not writing the matlab code because I'm getting it from the US Patent . I'll post it when I get my CD-R...

About the lag: I know.. the lag would be the number of bars since the last extremum. It's the eternal problem of the right edge of the window..

Another interesting EMD-clone is Hilbert Vibration Decomposition

Nice move (to get it from the patent office) :-) Is it a complicated procedure?

trendick:

Sorry for the false alarm. 7-zip does it.

trendick:
Nice move (to get it from the patent office) :-) Is it a complicated procedure?

It's not complicated, it just requires a lot of patience because you're dealing with bureaucrats. Their main skill is to transfer your phone call to a colleague who is as incompetent as themselves. With some luck I found a person who is not the typical subnormal epsilon and she ordered the CD-R from the archive for me (it's called an Artifact File). Now I'm waiting for a UPS truck...

trendick:
Sorry for the false alarm. 7-zip does it.

No problem

very nice job.

Is it possible to have the TMA asymetric bands with the alb thing.

thank you.

Reason: