Free Grid Trading, The New Grid EA - page 12

forexalexph:
There is NO timeframe for this EA. it reacts on each single tick. It can open new order and take profit once in a hour, or 3 times in a minute. It depends how active the market is. If you like to backtest, you should backtest on single tick and nothing else!

Unfortunately I Cannot backtest this EA, can you share something to show its power?

its powerfull.. but it seems low return.. tell me how an ideal money management for this ea...

testing..

The EA places one, maybe two trades in backtest - usually both wins, but then fails to take any other trades at all..

Any clue as to what Im doing wrong here? My broker is Pepperstone.

Regards

grantfx:
The mechanics of this grid ea are usefull enough that if started up at the right time it will make money.

Specifically, take GBPUSD 5min chart. Put 186 period simple MA on it.

Calculate 4% of the MA, if Bid is 4% above or below the MA, strt the grid up up with limits of 100 pips up range and 100 pips down range limits.

Grid spacing can be really small, like 5 pips or 10 pips.

Close all positions and stop grid when the Bid returns to the MA, profit.

Close all positions and stop grid if drawdown occurs equal to (70pips*lotsize*orderstotal) is equal to say 10%-20% of account balance.

Entries at 4% are occuring daily, maybe twice. 5% about daily. 6% rare. 7% once a week. Make this entry point and the maxdrawdown of account user defined.

Thats it. This idea shows the grid which way the price should push towards Defines when to take profit and when to take loss. This EA can easily be modified to facilitate this strategy.

$$$

Interesting strategy, but I think something is wrong with numbers. 4% of current GBPUSD MA is 614 pips. Such difference will never happen. Grantfx, could you please clarify what you mean by 4%?

grid EA

Dear

Thank you posting Good EA, Can you Please share The Grid Indicator Also.

My Email Is hadilka93@yahoo.com

properties

This is a very good system, but, the only way I can get it to win, is if I place the mid line amount on the top grid line on the mt4 properties place.

If I put the mid line on the system midline, it loses every time.

please fix it.

thank you.

more of sane

I have to use the 1M chart, and use the top grid line of mt4 properties, as my midline entry in the ea, to get even close to the actual price line. the indicators are way off. What does w/SHIFT mean?

Is it EA works with 5 digit STP broker ?

I attached an EA (from 4 page) to Armada Broker but EA does't open position.

What is problem ?

thorup:
Like this?

Hi Thorp,

I know this is a shot in the dark , but looking at this ea, could you possibly do some alterations to it ...

can you possibly do the following if you get a chance...

1. Add a equity stop option... if the increase in equity reaches say $500 then close allorders and stop the ea. This equity stop could be a percentage of the present equity (ie 5% increase in equity) )or a set value like say $500 or $1000)

2. Increase the number of trades. Here a set min number of trades to start with (say 10 trades) and a max number of trades allowable.. I would like to start with the lower value and as the equity balance increases then the number of trades placed increases too. so if from a $1000 equity balance we start with only 5 trades open at any one time. then as you get to say $5,000 equity balance we can increase to 10 trades open ( no more than 10) then as the balance increases to $10,000 then say 20 trades are allowed to be open.

Let me know if this is achievable.

Thankyou

forexalexph:
Great EA, what makes me winning 100% of all trades!

I insert some additional lines, so that the EA will not open a new trade, if there is already an open trade for that price.

My strategy is the grid distance of 10 Pips and TP 11 Pips.

Especially trading weekend gaps makes this EA very profitable with small distance of grid lines and only 11 pips Take Profit!

sorry i can't solve this funny error, do anybody here get this problem?

Reason: