Free Grid Trading, The New Grid EA - page 8

LookBackBars

JamalJohnson:
Thorup,

Can you make the floating center EA "look back" by "number of bars" instead of "number of days"?

Jamal

Like this?

thorup:
Like this?

Well dang diggy dang dang dang. That was fast. I'll check it out. I wish I could code.

Jamal

Many thanks

Thorup,

Can you set it to sell above the center, and buy below the center?

Also, can you explain the difference between "LookBackBars" and "LookBackTimeFrame", and how they play off each other? For example, is "LookBackBars" a fraction of "LookBackTimeFrame"? Your default for "LookBackTimeFrame" is 1440, and I assume that means one day's worth of minutes. So is 90 "LookBackBars" the same as 1440x90 or 1440/90?

You da man!

Jamal

LookBackBars and LookBackTimeframe

JamalJohnson:
Thorup,

Can you set it to sell above the center, and buy below the center?

Also, can you explain the difference between "LookBackBars" and "LookBackTimeFrame", and how they play off each other? For example, is "LookBackBars" a fraction of "LookBackTimeFrame"? Your default for "LookBackTimeFrame" is 1440, and I assume that means one day's worth of minutes. So is 90 "LookBackBars" the same as 1440x90 or 1440/90?

You da man!

Jamal

Hi Jamal.

LookBackTimeframe is the timeframe on which u want to look back - like 240 would be H4 and 1440 is daily as u mentioned. LookBacBars is the number of timeframes u want to look at, therefore, the default values i looking back 90 days.

And it should buy below the center and sell above, just not selling below center if there's a strong downtrend, and not buying above center if there's a strong uptrend.

Merry Christmas

Thorup

Thanks Dan and Thorup,

Just read through the thread. I will be testing Thorup's version in the new year.

Merry Christmas. God bless you all.

keltner

hy

is the indi "keltnerchannel2" (used in ea) different from other keltner?

if yes, could you share it ?

Marry christmas fellows

thorup:
Hi Jamal.

LookBackTimeframe is the timeframe on which u want to look back - like 240 would be H4 and 1440 is daily as u mentioned. LookBacBars is the number of timeframes u want to look at, therefore, the default values i looking back 90 days.

And it should buy below the center and sell above, just not selling below center if there's a strong downtrend, and not buying above center if there's a strong uptrend.

Merry Christmas

Thorup

Thank you so much and Merry Christmas to you as well.

Jamal

Keltner

przem81621:
hy

is the indi "keltnerchannel2" (used in ea) different from other keltner?

if yes, could you share it ?

Marry christmas fellows

Hi przem.

I have no idea if its different, it's just the one i had.

It's already part of the DTS1.zip in post #57

Cheers Thorup

Pchannel Variation

Hey Thorup,

Can you pull the floating center guts out, and use the midline of price channel instead as a center. Make the Pchannel period and shift accessible through expert properties.

Place buy orders under the midline during ranging market

Place sell orders above the midline during ranging market

Place buy orders on the grid During bullish trends (above the top line which is only possible with "Pchannel" "shift")

Place sell orders on the grid During bullish (i meant bearish) trends (below the bottom line which is only possible with "Pchannel" "shift")

ALso

Any better ideas on how to mitigate the adverse moment during the transition from ranging to trending market?

Jamal

Files:
pchannel.mq4  4 kb

Thorup,

I'm a little green, a little wet behind the ears. I hope I don't sound spoiled after your christmas gift alteration to floating center version. I understand if you have a life that doesn't include handouts and freebees. I'm still very glad about the lookbackbars so no hard feelings. Thanks again. You still the man.

Jamal

Reason: