Free Grid Trading, The New Grid EA - page 11

Cannot get EA to take a trade

I can backtest this EA with no problems. However, when I attach it to the chart it will not take a trade. It is the next nearest grid line to trade but when the price gets there it doesn't enter a trade. I have the happy face so I no expert is active. Any thoughts.

Kevin

Kaper:
I can backtest this EA with no problems. However, when I attach it to the chart it will not take a trade. It is the next nearest grid line to trade but when the price gets there it doesn't enter a trade. I have the happy face so I no expert is active. Any thoughts. Kevin

Hi Kevin.

If you are using Daniels version of Newgrid, check thje global variables.

If you had read through the entire thread you would know why...

Cheers

Thorup

thanks for help

very useful material. i will try it for trade.

The mechanics of this grid ea are usefull enough that if started up at the right time it will make money.

Specifically, take GBPUSD 5min chart. Put 186 period simple MA on it.

Calculate 4% of the MA, if Bid is 4% above or below the MA, strt the grid up up with limits of 100 pips up range and 100 pips down range limits.

Grid spacing can be really small, like 5 pips or 10 pips.

Close all positions and stop grid when the Bid returns to the MA, profit.

Close all positions and stop grid if drawdown occurs equal to (70pips*lotsize*orderstotal) is equal to say 10%-20% of account balance.

Entries at 4% are occuring daily, maybe twice. 5% about daily. 6% rare. 7% once a week. Make this entry point and the maxdrawdown of account user defined.

Thats it. This idea shows the grid which way the price should push towards Defines when to take profit and when to take loss. This EA can easily be modified to facilitate this strategy.

$$$

Daniel need update if you can recode please..

Firstly , this is an excellent piece of coding. it works great on back test and forward test.

Also after testing so many grid ea's this one dose not have pending orders waiting and dd is good too so no margin calls.

I do however believe that there may be a tweak to be done to make this better.

Daniel can you do some recoding and see where it gets ...?

Great EA, what makes me winning 100% of all trades!

I insert some additional lines, so that the EA will not open a new trade, if there is already an open trade for that price.

My strategy is the grid distance of 10 Pips and TP 11 Pips.

Especially trading weekend gaps makes this EA very profitable with small distance of grid lines and only 11 pips Take Profit!

Files:
grid-ea-2.mq4  4 kb

forexalexph:

I insert some additional lines, so that the EA will not open a new trade, if there is already an open trade for that price.

Especially trading weekend gaps makes this EA very profitable with small distance of grid lines and only 11 pips Take Profit!

Hi, Alex.

Thanks for the contribution.

What should be the timeframe use for this upgraded EA?

Regards,

Judy

forexalexph:

when I tried to backtest it i received this error

TestGenerator: unmatched data error (low value 1.2929 at 2012.01.02 16:30 is not reached from the least timeframe, low price 1.2929 mismatches) on e/u and g/u and on other pairs its just not backtesting. any ideas?

forexalexph:

There is just one thing that i don't understand :

For what is the rangemid value ?

ultrameg:
Hi, Alex.

Thanks for the contribution.

What should be the timeframe use for this upgraded EA?

Regards,

Judy

There is NO timeframe for this EA. it reacts on each single tick. It can open new order and take profit once in a hour, or 3 times in a minute. It depends how active the market is. If you like to backtest, you should backtest on single tick and nothing else!

Reason: