Modern Elliot Wave trading using Elwave. - page 19

Thank you very much!

Wow!

Thanks for the link! For a first time I had been able to setup Elwave in realtime! It never came to me that i had to use the M1 chart to make it work. Thanks a lot! I will be able to see these alert from now!

You don't know how much i am happy!

That's the english translation of a message in the link fajst k just gave us:

Quotes are sent like this:

In MT4 need to check on the DDE server (Tools - Options - tab "Server" - Enable DDE server)

)

Then export the desired currency quotes in the folder "Elwave - Examples" - to minute in (Tools - History Center - preferred currency - minute in - export)

Then open Elwave and open these quotes.
(Scenario - Create - History quotes.) Files of type, select ASCII.
On the right we see our little window a minute.

Open.

Then we expose the right content columns: Date, Time, Open, High, Low, Close, Volume.

In the "Date Format" set YYYY / MM / DD

Then quickly (within minutes) in Elwave press (Quotations - Source of data in real time) in the box set:

where DDE Server - MT4

where Ticker (Topic) - BID

where Closure - GBPUSD (or your currency) - OK

In the parameters of the analysis of a tick in "real time" ALL

I have the data in real time. I am waiting to see an alert!

For elwave v7.6: after you set the dde server in mt4, then export the M1 history .csv file, open it with elwave, go to Price data/Realtime datafeed and set it as said above. (It gone to ask you where to save the data file, choose another location then your .csv file. It should work.

GreatYves:
Wow!

Thanks for the link! For a first time I had been able to setup Elwave in realtime! It never came to me that i had to use the M1 chart to make it work. Thanks a lot! I will be able to see these alert from now!

You don't know how much i am happy!

That's the english translation of a message in the link fajst k just gave us:

Quotes are sent like this:

In MT4 need to check on the DDE server (Tools - Options - tab "Server" - Enable DDE server)

)

Then export the desired currency quotes in the folder "Elwave - Examples" - to minute in (Tools - History Center - preferred currency - minute in - export)

Then open Elwave and open these quotes.
(Scenario - Create - History quotes.) Files of type, select ASCII.
On the right we see our little window a minute.

Open.

Then we expose the right content columns: Date, Time, Open, High, Low, Close, Volume.

In the "Date Format" set YYYY / MM / DD

Then quickly (within minutes) in Elwave press (Quotations - Source of data in real time) in the box set:

where DDE Server - MT4

where Ticker (Topic) - BID

where Closure - GBPUSD (or your currency) - OK

In the parameters of the analysis of a tick in "real time" ALL

I have the data in real time. I am waiting to see an alert!

For elwave v7.6: after you set the dde server in mt4, then export the M1 history .csv file, open it with elwave, go to Price data/Realtime datafeed and set it as said above. (It gone to ask you where to save the data file, choose another location then your .csv file. It should work.

Congratulations to you, GreatYves, that with the help from fajst k, you have now been able to set up and use your Elwave with realtime data feed.

This will enable you to see the latest EW chart patterns, Summary Inspector, Wave Tree, etc.

I hope this will revive your interest in Elwave and that it will be a further aid to you in addition to your existing system.

I am particularly keen to view an Elwave chart with (1) Wave Tree, (2) the Chart itself and (3) the Summary Inspector. For (2) a Zoom In on the last portions of the pattern will do showing the Wave Counts of the lower Wave Degrees. I know I am asking a lot but as an Elwave follower, these are the minimum that is required.

Any currency pair will do.

Thanks

Kenneth

(And also thanks for the English translation which will be helpful to readers who are using the "right" Elwave versions.)

I am currently into an observatory phase. I mostly wonder when or what does the alert looks like as i didn't got any yet. I am looking at gbp jpy as i did short this pair base on the double 50% fib level rejection of the 153.20-149.12 leg, was 180 pips in profit, my stop is at break even, good for my first live trade in a year. I intend to let it run, hopefully to 146,60-80 for the end of the week. I am gonna slowly trail it if it get 200+ pips..

Trading Wave Count from Elwave 6.2

I am attaching herewith an Elwave chart for GBPJPY on 30 min updated to yesterday's closing.

For my day trading purposes, it clearly showed it is on a downward path with Summary Inspector showing 5 consecutive Negatives and Downs starting from Cylce to Minute on a 30 min. chart.

This morning I short at 148.42 and closed at 147.92 for a gain of 50 pips or US$552.36 within 25 minutes.

Kenneth

Files:
gbpjpy30.gif  75 kb

Trading the 30 min Wave Counts with Elwave

Attached is a 30 min chart from Elwave.

It shows it is in PRIMARY WAVE [2] and Primary Wave [3] has just started its formation.

The best entry level is Primary Wave [2] completed, and the longest and most profitable is Primary Wave [3]. Since it is in a downward path, it is a good SHORT whether you are a day trader or a position trader.

For day traders, you waitl until the pips are down in line with the overall direction, then you enter your order.

Kenneth

Files:
gbpjpy30.gif  102 kb

Hello guys. Nice to know that this thread is going on well. I was busy for a few days and could not catch up with this thread.

Looking at this discussion today, I have now done the following:

1. Got myself a demo forex account from Alpari (US)

2. Installed Metatrader with the demo account.

3. Set up my Elwave for forex (Even though I have never traded in one )

Kenneth: I have downloaded the forex pairing as per your chart and was going through the same on Elwave.

My wave count is not tallying with what you are showing on your chart. This may be because of the difference in the number of days displayed on the chart.

I would request you to kindly specify the period that you have chosen for your chart (i..e Date From to Date To) and I will check again.

(I have truncated my data to match with your last date GBPJPY30 image and attached the same for reference)

Files:
gbpjpy30_1.gif  47 kb

lalthan:
Hello guys. Nice to know that this thread is going on well. I was busy for a few days and could not catch up with this thread.

Looking at this discussion today, I have now done the following:

1. Got myself a demo forex account from Alpari (US)

2. Installed Metatrader with the demo account.

3. Set up my Elwave for forex (Even though I have never traded in one )

Kenneth: I have downloaded the forex pairing as per your chart and was going through the same on Elwave.

My wave count is not tallying with what you are showing on your chart. This may be because of the difference in the number of days displayed on the chart.

I would request you to kindly specify the period that you have chosen for your chart (i..e Date From to Date To) and I will check again.

(I have truncated my data to match with your last date GBPJPY30 image and attached the same for reference)

Hi, lalthan:

It is good to hear from you again.

And glad to know you have opened a demo account with Alpari. Using a demo account to do your practice trading using Elwave will prove to be a wonderful learning experience for any one of us.

Over time, when we have learned the in and out of the software, you can use the same techniques to play your stock market (which I still remember is your area of interest.)

I am attaching herewith the parameters of the Elwave version I am using. It is a "grandpa" version 6.2. It does not enable you to specify the starting date or the number of bars etc.

They are all set by the software as default.

There will be INCONSISTENCIES in the Wave Counts between your Elwave and Mine - not because the software has any problems BUT BECAUSE DIFFERENT BROKERS HAVE/USE DIFFERENT PRICE HISTORIES files for each currency pair, and because they are NOT IDENTICAL, I doubt very much our wave counts will ever tally.

If however we use the SAME BROKER and use the SAME PRICE HISTORY, I dont think there should be any inconsistencies in the wave counts.

Together with another member who also uses Elwave 9.1, we have gone through this exercise of using the SAME PRICE HISTORY file and there is no material inconsistency in the wave counts.

Regards

Kenneth

Files:

The data that I have starts from 9th feb 2009. I have the option of truncating the data wherein each tick has an index number (starting from one to the last tick number). I have selected the index number from 0 to the last index number which corresponds with your last date.

I don't have the option of choosing how many extra wave degrees that I want. I only have the option of selecting "EXTRA DEGREES".

I've attached the analysis options available with me for your reference.

lalthan:
The data that I have starts from 9th feb 2009. I have the option of truncating the data wherein each tick has an index number (starting from one to the last tick number). I have selected the index number from 0 to the last index number which corresponds with your last date.

I don't have the option of choosing how many extra wave degrees that I want. I only have the option of selecting "EXTRA DEGREES".

I've attached the analysis options available with me for your reference.

To Kenneth and Lalthan:

Kenneth, why won't you email your csv file for gbpjpy m30 to lalthan and let lalthan generate the Elwave 7.6 chart to compare whether there is any inconsistency in the chart pattern or wave counts.

In this way, both of you are using the same Price history file from the same source - just for comparison purposes of the Elwave charts.

And you have already done this with a reader using 9.1 Elwave.

As a follower of this thread and Kenneth's Advanced Get thread, I am also keen to know what could have caused these inconsistencies - is the problem with the developers or is it due to DIFFERENT PRICE HISTORIES from two different forex brokers??

Joe44

joe44:
To Kenneth and Lalthan:

Kenneth, why won't you email your csv file for gbpjpy m30 to lalthan and let lalthan generate the Elwave 7.6 chart to compare whether there is any inconsistency in the chart pattern or wave counts.

In this way, both of you are using the same Price history file from the same source - just for comparison purposes of the Elwave charts.

And you have already done this with a reader using 9.1 Elwave.

As a follower of this thread and Kenneth's Advanced Get thread, I am also keen to know what could have caused these inconsistencies - is the problem with the developers or is it due to DIFFERENT PRICE HISTORIES from two different forex brokers??

Joe44

To: Lalthan and Joe44

Thanks, Joe44, for the suggestion. That is a good idea.

Lalthan, you can go to 4shared.com - free file sharing and storage and do a public search for "gbpjpy1.csv" file to download, and then generate the Elwave 7.6 chart.

We can then compare the chart pattern and wave counts to see what are the differences?

kenneth

Reason: