Inconsistencies in MT4 Platforms

This is just a generic question. I am using the same algorithm on two different MT4 platforms at the same time, and they produce two different results. One platform executes the algorithm as coded, while the other platform does not execute the algorithm correctly and results in a margin call. Is there anything that can be done about inconsistent performances of the MT4 platforms? Are there other platforms on the market that are adaptive to a C++ algorithm that produces more predictable results for expert advisors?

Thank you for your consideration.

different MT4 platforms of different brokers, market types are not the same: leverage, spread, margin calculation, commission, etc. are quite different for an ECN and a Marker Maker, STP, etc. broker

Deuteronomy818:

This is just a generic question. I am using the same algorithm on two different MT4 platforms at the same time, and they produce two different results. One platform executes the algorithm as coded, while the other platform does not execute the algorithm correctly and results in a margin call. Is there anything that can be done about inconsistent performances of the MT4 platforms? Are there other platforms on the market that are adaptive to a C++ algorithm that produces more predictable results for expert advisors?

Thank you for your consideration.

There are a few possibilities:

1. the difference in spread is causing the difference in performance
  2. the difference is Broker data is causing the difference
  3. one Broker has 4 digit data the other haas 5 digit data and your code does not distinguish between them
  4. your algorithm uses very high risk and little reward

you need to understand why your code is doing what it is doing, test it under the Strategy Tester and understand what is going on.

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=442732

The strategy was proven successful on the strategy tester, and the algorithm proved flawless and profitable for several months on demo, and is still doing so now. It must have been just a fluke. This issue happened on the same MT4 platforms from the same source file installer from the same broker, using the same currency, same time frame, same algorithm, with the same parameters. My laptop has 16GB of RAM, a i7 Quad 3GHz CPU, and runs 10 MT4 demos at the same time in the background no problems while I work on other applications. I believe that it was just that one MT4 platform that had a glitch, and went off the deep end, but I never experienced that before since 2010. Just wanted to inquire about different platforms available for future plans. I spoke with the developers of LittleFishfx Ninja Trader Bridge for the MT4, and it would allow me to use one NT platform to execute signals on unlimited MT4s. If this becomes an issue, I will convert my algorithms to Java for that alternative. Hopefully execution on NT will be more dependable. Thank you both for your responses.

Reason: