Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 188

Confirmation

Thank you for telling me. However, I would appreciate if more people could confirm this. If what you said is true, we could make a very profitable EA out of this.

superblacksmith:
Thank you for telling me. However, I would appreciate if more people could confirm this. If what you said is true, we could make a very profitable EA out of this.

For the past 16 months I have been trading full-time with renko charts on Metatrader 4 . With the RenkoLiveChart_v3.2.mq4 program properly stored in the root directory of the Experts folder then added to an M1 chart feeding live data to a non-standard time frame offline chart such as M2, I have never witnessed a brick repaint.

superblacksmith:
Hello brothers and sisters,

I have read through the whole thread. I am interested in Renko trading system as i think it is one of the most reliable trading systems around. It gives you a clear picture on where the price action moves.

I am particularly interested in developing an EA based on this system. From backtesting, where some guys have tried, the result was amazing, almost 100% winning. We should get the same result when we live-trade them. Unfortunately, they are not. Why? Probably because the renko bars repaint.

I noticed when my metatrader was open, the bars were not in a trend (inconsistent), but when i restarted, the same bars were then nicely arranged in a trend. This is the answer why backtesting gives a great result and live-trading doesn't. If we could discuss on how to overcome this, i am sure we could make a good EA out of it.

Some people need an EA because they missed a lot of oppotunities/entries. Also because they could not be in front of the computer all the time. Some just want to earn money by sleeping. Some think that trading manually gives them too must stress even though it's winning. But it doesn't matter, as long as it benefits everyone.

First of all, i would like to ask if anyone notices the bars repaint when metatrader is restarted? If Yes, then we could first work around with this.

It has not mattered what platform I trade... I have used 1 tick data to create renko bricks and done extensive testing... I have taken pics of each days trading ie all bricks... when you close the platform and reopen there will be changes in the past... I do not know why this occurs only that it does... I have not done this test with mt4 because the fastest data you can use in 1min... If my one tick data repaints the past I see no point in wondering whether or not 1min data repaints the past... give it a try for one month or even just a week... take a pic of each days bricks prior to closing the platform... repeat this each day... then compare pics to past history of bricks once the platform has been closed... let me know

Liveupdate issues

Since installing the latest Liveupdate ver 4, 392 MT4 has been having memory problems. In fact it freezes when using Renko Bars. I read on the 4QL forum something about the register being cleared out every tick and the RBs have got to be rebuilt from scratch every time. Anybody having a similar problem and how can you go back to an old build?

Cheers

CG123:
Since installing the latest Liveupdate ver 4, 392 MT4 has been having memory problems. In fact it freezes when using Renko Bars. I read on the 4QL forum something about the register being cleared out every tick and the RBs have got to be rebuilt from scratch every time. Anybody having a similar problem and how can you go back to an old build? Cheers

392 works perfect(on my old celeron m with win xp and only 1 mb ram), read the last 2 pages, reduce bars in chart -that should help against freezing

marley60:
392 works perfect(on my old celeron m with win xp and only 1 mb ram), read the last 2 pages, reduce bars in chart -that should help against freezing

Thanks Marley However while I know I've got too much going on I've had far worse and its only slowed using 226. But this time I only updated yesterday and immediately saw a difference and within a few hours the mt4 ran out of memory and I had to force quit.

I've since reinstalled mt4 stopped the upgrade happening and put live update in brackets so it wont interfere again. Running Renko we'll see what happens.

Guidance required

Somebody kindly guide me that what is this box offset feature that's present in renkolivecharts 3.2?

Live testing failed

I used the EA to backtest and it gave a very nice result. From $50 to $300 in merely about 20 days. However, i tried with live-trading. It went from $50 to $0 in merely about 5 days.

Anyone experiencing the same? Or anyone know why this happens?

Need Help

I folks,

I stumbled on to this forum 2 weeks ago and after two years of trying to learn forex I am most impressed with Renko and see this as my new direction.

Unfortunately I have a problem.I have loaded 4 pairs and these are working fine but other pairs are not working. e.g Euro/Gb..Gb/CHF...The M1 charts work fine but the 2nd chart does not work on Two different broker platforms and on another Broker platform I get "waiting For Update"

Could some kind person help this 71 year old geriatric out Please.

Not in the same league as other folks here but Iwill share my details of success should this arise.

GO RENKO !!!!!!!

Cheers,

Ron