MIDAS indicator - page 2

eiman105:
Hi Akif,

I'm just loving it. The article on MIDAS, Jperl's VWAP thread and Walterw's thread are just great. Thank you very much for introducing them. May I ask which one you are trading LIVE and on which pair?

Thanks again

Eiman

I m happy that you find them useful. I believe they are one of those hidden gems in the internet.

And for your next question. I hope it wont dissappoint you but I am a trader only from March! I didnt know ANYTHING about trading before that. But I can say I am addicted to it now. I traded live only stocks upto now. And for the forex I am still learning and not ready to go live yet. But I feel I am getting there. First of all I have to decide on my strategy and then I will demo on it for a couple of months. Then I will for sure go live. My strategy will probably have VWAPs and VMAs . I wish Walter continued to post how he managed to combine VMAs and VWAPs , but after he combined it I think he saw the value and commercialized it now.

For the pair you know walter is using AUD/USD and I think EUR/JPY is also a nice pair to trade. When I decide to go live I will check again this. But for now I dont want my strategy dependent on one pair so I try on every one.

Akif,

akift:
I m happy that you find them useful. I believe they are one of those hidden gems in the internet.

And for your next question. I hope it wont dissappoint you but I am a trader only from March! I didnt know ANYTHING about trading before that. But I can say I am addicted to it now. I traded live only stocks upto now. And for the forex I am still learning and not ready to go live yet. But I feel I am getting there. First of all I have to decide on my strategy and then I will demo on it for a couple of months. Then I will for sure go live. My strategy will probably have VWAPs and VMAs . I wish Walter continued to post how he managed to combine VMAs and VWAPs , but after he combined it I think he saw the value and commercialized it now.

For the pair you know walter is using AUD/USD and I think EUR/JPY is also a nice pair to trade. When I decide to go live I will check again this. But for now I dont want my strategy dependent on one pair so I try on every one.

Akif,

I Can't agree more!

I'm a newbie myself and have few years of experience in our local market. It's been one year that i'm learning about FOREX, but still I'm not a consistent trader.

Ligtweight VWAP_v1 released

Ok here is the pure VWAP with SD bands.

Enjoy.

Akif,

Files:
vwap_v1.mq4  6 kb

akift:
Ok here is the pure VWAP with SD bands.

Enjoy.

Akif,

Hi Akif,

Thanks for the indicator.

About "Standard Deviation" calculation:

Standard Deviation (Metatrader's help):

StdDev = SQRT(SUM[(CLOSE — SMA(CLOSE, N))^2, N]/N)

Where:

SQRT — square root;

SUM (..., N) — sum within N periods;

SMA (..., N) — simple moving average having the period of N;

N — calculation period.

Standard Deviation (Wikipedia):

You've coded it like this:

for (k = Bars_Back; k >= i; k--)

{

avg2=(High[k]+Close[k]+Low[k])/3;

diff=avg2-VWAP;

SD+=(Volume[k]/TotalVolume)*(diff*diff);

}

SD=MathSqrt(SD);

Shouldn't it go like this:

for (k = Bars_Back; k >= i; k--)

{

avg2=(High[k]+Close[k]+Low[k])/3;

diff+=(avg2-VWAP)*(avg2-VWAP);

}

SD=diff/TotalVolume;

SD=MathSqrt(SD);

And I don't get the part where you say "(Volume[k]/TotalVolume)". Shouldn't it be just "TotalVolume"?

Thanks in advance

Eiman

How to use VWAP?

Hi Akif,

how do you use vwap in trading. Please clarify.

cheers

eiman105:
Hi Akif,

And I don't get the part where you say "(Volume[k]/TotalVolume)". Shouldn't it be just "TotalVolume"?

Thanks in advance

Eiman

Hi eiman this is exactly the reason why we call it "Volume weighted average" To be able to divide it with totalVolume first you have to give each element a a weight which is their volume. What is the weight(or lets say importance of each element) Its_volume/Total_volume

Please read this document that I have posted in Market Statistics thread. I am sure it will be very helpful.

Akif,

traderandreas:
Hi Akif,

how do you use vwap in trading. Please clarify.

cheers

Hi andreas,

You can also check Market Statistics document that I posted for its use in that approach. In MIDAS approach you start a VWAP from a recent important high/or low and VWAP line becomes a perfect dynamic S/R line. Just try putting VWAP in a recent important turning point in the chart you will see that most of the time bars bounce off the VWAP. Of course they are un-brokable.They will eventually be broken...Just try it for yourself...

Akif,

Can someone post here the MIDAS articles(or some good links/resources)by Dr.Paul Levine!?Please help me with this info.

Try this one : The Midas Method of Technical Analysis by Paul Levine - eSnips, share anything (look at the right side too )

regards

mladen

vladv:
Can someone post here the MIDAS articles(or some good links/resources)by Dr.Paul Levine!?Please help me with this info.

akift:
Hi andreas,

You can also check Market Statistics document that I posted for its use in that approach. In MIDAS approach you start a VWAP from a recent important high/or low and VWAP line becomes a perfect dynamic S/R line. Just try putting VWAP in a recent important turning point in the chart you will see that most of the time bars bounce off the VWAP. Of course they are un-brokable.They will eventually be broken...Just try it for yourself...

Akif,

Hi Akif,

I hv read the midas document and still got no idea how to trade using VWAP.

can you pls tell me the rules to trade, Long and Short?

what time frame you are using?

Thanks

yampip

Reason: