RACE IS ON Eurotrader, Long Term Trends, GBP JPY, Pip Picnic, Big Top - page 8

VPS reviews

If it is swvps:

Better read the reviews on this site, since they are rated among the worst for having a lot of downtime.

Swvps Reviews - Hosting Reviews at Hostjury

So your 3ms is superb, if you are not connected to your broker............and can not execute an order.

Janus

Latency time of RAS system

Hello everyone,

while I fully agree with Janus in terms of the importancy of a short latency time for a generally best EA performance, I would like to draw everyone's attention to the issue of latency caused by the way RAS transfers the signal from seller to buyers, as this is the much more serious issue IMHO,

in terms of buyers' perfromance of RAS signals:

I have spent alot time to analyse the open/close times of different signals

on the RAS website and compared them with my own LIVE and demo accounts, as well as with some of the clones at RAS,

and I found the following :

The usual delay of RAS signals between reference account and buyer / clone accounts is between 5 - 10 seconds.

However, there are a number of cases where there was a delay of even 1 - 3minutes ! (approximately I got 15-20 % of my trades affected with a delay of more than 10 seconds on my live accounts at ALPARI UK and FXDD)

Just on 2nd September, I had a case where I had a 65 seconds delay

on an order closure of strategy 1135 (GBPJPY), which caused my loosing

25 pips compared with the reference signal.

I also found that this sort of delays is not dependend on demo or live accounts, neither on the broker I use, as the delay cases occured

on every broker I tried, but mostly at different trades at each account.

It seems to be a matter of luck , if a certain signal is received&processed within 5 seconds or within 50 seconds.

In this regards, any efforts of RAS users to reduce latency time to the broker,

from saying 100 ms to <10 ms becomes almost meaningless, considering

the long latency times of the actual RAS signals until received at the buyer's accounts which apparently can be a few 100 times longer than 100 ms.

I have posted in this regards before on other topics,

but the only info I got from mod was that this is all depending on the tradability of a certain signal, and there was nothing what could be done on the RAS 's side, as there was nothing broken...

I still belive that there should be more efforts taken on that part,

to assure constant fast order executions of all signals at every trade for every buyer, as IMO the key issue for best RAS signal performance is the OVERAL latency times of signals including the latency of :

Seller - RAS server ,

RAS server - buyer

and buyers - brokers.

Just my 2 cents here.

B/R Michael

Latency times at RAS

Michael,

we have also tried every effort to make our signals copied from RAS into subscriber accounts as fast as possible.

As it appears and i have posted a screenshot from one subscribers live account, trading RAS 750+RAS 515 in an Alpari-UK account, the actual execution/signal transfer time depends on two obvious factors, which directly link to latency time at the PC`s/servers used:

1.The latency between the signal vendors account(again no matter whether it is a live or Demo account) and the RAS server

2.The latency between the RAS server and the PC of the subscriber and the broker for trade execution.

As i have posted the live account executions via RAS EA, it seems, that, if a signal vendor and the subscriber use a VPS with a very short latency, the RAS EA executes trades very fast and even trades with smaller TP`s can be taken profitable.

Here is an example:

RAS signal account at CNS datacenter NYC

RAS receiver account at CNS UK datacenter

Broker Alpari-UK

returns execellent results.

We have already made several attempts to force the RAS developers to demand a latency test from signal vendors, before a signal can be offered and provide a latency test possibility for sellers and buyers.

This would at least reduce cases, as you experienced, where a RAS trades closes in profit, but a subscriber suffers a loss.

These things contribute a lot to traders frustration, when using RAS signals on real money accounts.

Since there are competitors of RAS, which provide suprior execution, it is in the very best business interest to get these things sorted out fast.

Janus

As many traders are using different VPS services ...

so I want to say about something.

It is when everything is fine but your Metatrader can not be connected with the broker.

Look at this page (in the end some posts about 'exclude MT4 terminal.exe from DEP') https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176725

It helped many people and it helped me so if your Metatrader can not be connected with the broker but you have internet and so on - check this page https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176725

Alpari UK

Alpari UK trade server might not be online, which happens quite often on weekends, so you can not get the ping done.

If you ping the webhost, you get a similar latency time, since they obviously run the webpage from the same servers.

Janus

Interesting

I am calling Senior Tech Monday AM on this, but there is one thing he mentioned. They have foreign governments in house. 4 separate Backbones running... What the average guys don't know: if you had RAS direct into a backbone, with a VPS direct, and the traders direct, no faster connection is possible... see? You can call ATT, and they will tell you same thing. So, it looks like this is the real, primary issue for all parties. It can be done, and I will ask how.

JanusTrading:
Alpari UK trade server might not be online, which happens quite often on weekends, so you can not get the ping done.

If you ping the webhost, you get a similar latency time, since they obviously run the webpage from the same servers.

Janus

Ok.

But now I notice this info on their sites:

Forex with Alpari (UK) - Micro and Classic Accounts

"If you have a ‘Classic’ account, you need to connect to the ‘Classic’ server using one of the following IP addresses:

84.45.12.148 "

So that are the ips who we should test, isnt? consider have a classic account.

If so, latency show is 6 ms for the 2 first adress and 3 for the last ones, testing right now.

the other ip that someone post before, seems that is blocked for me, but regardless, it is not an ip alpari uk server, according with alpari.uk site information.

civ

I am relying on the traders at RAS.

Sr. Tech

said it sounds like you need to turn off your firewall, and check your router for delaying signals if you have one at home, for trading. Firewall on your server is a main delay.

Reason: