Eurusd/gbpusd - page 1859

Still looks like it will break 1.0700

eurofreek:
Still looks like it will break 1.0700

It just might happen (but with the start of US session - let see if it makes a decisive break up now - if it does we are entering a correction phase)

searchingFX:
It just might happen (but with the start of US session - let see if it makes a decisive break up now - if it does we are entering a correction phase)

Eur/usd just broke above 1.0700 level, next immediate resistance will be at 1.0750 levels. I guess we are entering a correction phase.

searchingFX:

Yep, it is done.

No US news today - the trend is back to the pre FOMC trend. It is a slow correction up

Target will be 1.1000 (it was not a chance that it was hit on FOMC news)

nbtrading:
Target will be 1.1000 (it was not a chance that it was hit on FOMC news)

Agreed, targeting 1.100.

peeterwoolf:
Agreed, targeting 1.100.

It is developing faster than I thought

nbtrading:
It is developing faster than I thought

If they turn on the HFT 5th gear it will reach 1.1000 before the close of the week today

As I suspected, the EUR/USD consolidation is not over yet. The pair started climbing again and is headed for the resistance at 1.0920. Depending on whether it breaks above that resistance I too think it might reach 1.1000 or climb even higher.

All these changes are showing one thing that is very worrisome : the lack of liquidity. We are being told fairy tales about the amounts traded. A good quote :

The sharp swings also raise a now-familiar complaint from investors: Regulations brought in after the financial crisis have dried up the liquidity in markets, by crimping banks’ ability to carry risky bets on their balance sheets.

On Wednesday, the Bank for International Settlements became the latest major authority to caution that a lack of liquidity could lead to major disruptions in financial markets.

When flow hits the market, there’s no buffer, so it translates straight into big price moves,” said Mr. Lambert at Insight Investment. During the financial crisis, big swings were sparked by fears of a collapse of the banking system. Similar moves can now result from a minor reassessment of the Fed’s rate-increase plans, according to Mr. Lambert.

Lack of liquidity opens forex to manipulations never seen before. My guess is that at least 30% of traders got margin calls in the last 3 days. That equals to disaster

Reason: