Eurusd/gbpusd - page 1703

Yesterday I was quite convinced that once the pullback was over EUR/USD would begin descending again, and indeed, it reached 1.2930, formed a doji candlestick in the 4 hour filter chart and started falling. Next target is, I think, 1.2700. That said, I think we should watch it carefully in case it forms a double bottom here.

on my own:
GBP is about to break 1.63 level

Euro is about to break yesterday lowest level

Not what the bulls were expecting

Yes you are right , thank you.

Well, not what anybody have expected for GBP. But that is when politics is the decisive factor in rate not economy. Nothing good can come out of it

Buy the rumor, sell the news

i did neither, but nor lost anything so happy enough

which is more than can be said for 45% of Scottish

and we could all be speaking Russian in 50 yrs time and no-one will even remember the vote

quite a good email from Larry Levin this morning summing up the Scottish Independence vote

"The market had another wee-scare this week, which was the Scottish independence vote. As this is being written, the people of Scotland are deciding if they should be a free people or a vassal state of England; or of London more pointedly.

Despite the fact that the vote is not complete while I type this, I will gladly go out on the proverbial limb and declare that the referendum will be an epic fail. I wish such declarations wouldn't be so easy to make; however, when it comes to the global banking mafia, you just have to accept defeat – forever.

Some of you may be wondering why I would make such a pithy prediction, and the answer lies in the “fear” of an actual secession. Let me ask you a question: If you were a senior corporate officer in a global corporation that was taking on unimaginable amounts of debt and had the opportunity of a fresh start – what would you do? Would you start the spin-off with a portion of the crushing debt that your firm had no control over, or would you demand a debt-free beginning?

Of course we know the answer - you would start the new firm with no debt if possible.

And therein lies the anxiety: the market is once again afraid that its obscene levels of prior debt may catch up with it. If the new upstart, Scotland, repudiated its portion of the UK debt, all hell will break loose on the banking mafia across the globe.

And since that is NEVER allowed, the fix was in: Scotland, from the beginning, would never be allowed independence!

If I am wrong, I will revel in my error for days!"

will next wk be as exciting? and seemly predictable probably not

on my own:
GBP is about to break 1.63 level

Euro is about to break yesterday lowest level

Not what the bulls were expecting

Simple Friday HFT carnage - just to use what people have been told for weeks (that GBP will go up if Scotland votes no) and to show them that it has nothing to do with reality but with the hard fact that market makers are after retail traders money.

GBPUSD is at 1.63 (it broke it for a moment). And I was thinking that they will turn off the machines by now

It will be broken today

nbtrading:
GBPUSD is at 1.63 (it broke it for a moment). And I was thinking that they will turn off the machines by now It will be broken today

Does not look so - but it might happen in the famous last minute of the market before closing : seen changes of 30-40 pips in that last minute

victoriajensen:
Yesterday I was quite convinced that once the pullback was over EUR/USD would begin descending again, and indeed, it reached 1.2930, formed a doji candlestick in the 4 hour filter chart and started falling. Next target is, I think, 1.2700. That said, I think we should watch it carefully in case it forms a double bottom here.

Good analysis, I agree with you the next target is 1.2700.

eurofreek:
Does not look so - but it might happen in the famous last minute of the market before closing : seen changes of 30-40 pips in that last minute

No need to wait - it is already bellow 1.63 : 1.6285 made as lowest today as I post this

nbtrading:
No need to wait - it is already bellow 1.63 : 1.6285 made as lowest today as I post this

O yeah : they could not wait anther day

Reason: