Eurusd/gbpusd - page 1603

This is a very strange day

Trend expected but this change is purely mechanical (too many too small changes).

Files:
euru.gif  70 kb

Time to change trading strategies guys. Do not count on volatility any more

nbtrading:
Time to change trading strategies guys. Do not count on volatility any more

It is so for quite some time. We had to make adjustments and metatrader changes did nit help in that at all. A bit tighter ranges and small traders will not be able to trade (earn) any more

searchingFX:
It is so for quite some time. We had to make adjustments and metatrader changes did nit help in that at all. A bit tighter ranges and small traders will not be able to trade (earn) any more

Looks like the decision that sources for additional income are closed one by one. At the end we are going to be able only to work as slaves

nbtrading:
Looks like the decision that sources for additional income are closed one by one. At the end we are going to be able only to work as slaves

Interesting point of view even though I do not believe too much in it

I think that central banks are aware that they are not controlling anything any more, and, as usual, they think that the simplest solution will solve all (money printing). All this range tightening can be a result of almost all central banks doing the same thing : QE (a fancy word for money printing) and directing that money into the pockets of the already rich ones.

Taking a break from this silly football match (one would expect that millionaires know to play what they are payed for, but it seems that all they know is to chaise hairdressers)

Guys, we are caught in a war of currencies. It started with Japan and now everybody wants to do what Japan was doing for almost 20 years (depreciating its own currency in order to push exports). Except that now they found the way to bypass the unnecessary cost (paying the labor "too much") and what they print they stuff directly into the pockets of their "friends". And nothing will change that any more

eurofreek:
Taking a break from this silly football match (one would expect that millionaires know to play what they are payed for, but it seems that all they know is to chaise hairdressers) Guys, we are caught in a war of currencies. It started with Japan and now everybody wants to do what Japan was doing for almost 20 years (depreciating its own currency in order to push exports). Except that now they found the way to bypass the unnecessary cost (paying the labor "too much") and what they print they stuff directly into the pockets of their "friends". And nothing will change that any more

I have a feeling that the ranges are going to explode soon. Don't forget that this is a simply summer low volume trading

searchingFX:
I have a feeling that the ranges are going to explode soon. Don't forget that this is a simply summer low volume trading

According to Goldman Sachs and Thompson Reuters it will not. A lot of banks leaving forex trading (not being to control it any more with the new probes and without a possibility to HFT they are not interested in forex any more) which means that the volatility and ranges will be just smaller and smaller. I hope that I am wrong but the future of forex trading does not look too bright now

nbtrading:
According to Goldman Sachs and Thompson Reuters it will not. A lot of banks leaving forex trading (not being to control it any more with the new probes and without a possibility to HFT they are not interested in forex any more) which means that the volatility and ranges will be just smaller and smaller. I hope that I am wrong but the future of forex trading does not look too bright now

I too hope that you are wrong

one must diversify

Forex should only be a small part of ones portfolio

i read somewhere a long long time ago.. Forex should only make up 10-15% of a portfolio, which is possibly why the big banks are n't too concerned with a drop in revenue

a balanced portfolio should be made up of shares / Gold / Bonds / commodities and cash etc

(possibly a few others, but forget what they are)

Golds ok / Oil also, not sure about bonds or shares for the moment

we need some sort of crash, flash or otherwise for a nice buying opportunity for shares

some people only trade bank shares and do just fine, although bank shares still need a decent pullback

some on FF have mentioned the crosses still move decent amounts,

so perhaps its time to drop the Euro?

Reason: