Blessing 2 v5.2 with Stochastic Indicator - page 33

Ganapati's--confirmation MA

Hi Guys, I came up with this wonderful idea of adding a 100MA to confirm the 25MA on the EURUSD (still recovering from last months EU shake up ..).

Then saw that MOD4 is just that.

Ganapati, how the mod working out for you ?

Is the BB mod better as far as DD. The way I look at it is if you DD is low, you can increase the risk.

Here's an idea..on risk. We set EP to 50% right ? But week after week its doing 10% and you're kicking yourself for not being bold. So here's a suggestion. What do you guys think of setting the EP to X * average weekly DD (where X > 1) ? Back test to get an idea of the mean, average, etc then use that value as the starting EP (for 1 pair)

Traderduke

Folks,

I'm new to this forum and META4. I've read the last 15 pages but I can't get the EA to work without a "order send error 131" It fails each trading option with that error. According to the MQL thats a" Error code 131 for an order means an incorrect value for the lot size has been set". I've changed that a few times but still no trades. Any ideas???

theleviathan:
I'm leary about running it live.

By live, I mean live in a DEMO.

No real bullets yet, so why be leary?

Before I would trade it for real I need to see it trade for a couple weeks, then see it run in 3-5 demo accounts to see which broker's platform performs best and only then would I load the gun. That's what I was thinking of doing anyway ~

Happy trading ~

Chart

theleviathan:
Yes, I'm refering to the '08 crash. The problem I find with some EA's is that testing on a short time frame really only tells you that if you'd been running live for the last few months, you would have been lucky. Soon as the market turns, you burn if you're not set up for it. If an EA isn't optimized to handle an issue like that, I'm leary about running it live.

I backtest for the entire year of '08 and '09. Both have

been very tough years for Blessing. I try to keep DD below

30%, by playing around with different pairs, settings, and

balance. Let me tell you, this is not an easy task.

As far as backtest accuracy goes, it's good enough to

form a starting point. Comparing eight months of live

trading to the exact same period in a backtest, I have

noticed that live always hits more levels. So, it's best

to be conservative with real money.

Rob

Measure points before retracement

Hi,

first I like to thank all the people that developed this wonderful EA.

I wonder if there is a method to find out the max price movements over a certain time before the price retraced by 100 points or whatever the users input is.

The GBP-USD if currently falling like there is no tomorrow and I have 5 long positions. The same happened some weeks ago with USD-CAD.

I appreciate your response.

Happy trading

ganapati:
Hi

Meanwhile, I also would suggest Chartwalk's method to everyone here because EUR/CHF seems the best pair for this approach. EUR/CHF is ranging all the time since the EUR and CHF are negative correlated pairs.

However, I dont suggest the EP is set to be lower than 50%. I set EP as 65% in order to keep the enough space for EA.

Ganapati

confused .. Chartwalk's method with MOD4 ?, BB ? Please clarify.

Might be nice if someone could update the first post with all the mods....as experimental.

ganapati:
Hi

Meanwhile, I also would suggest Chartwalk's method to everyone here because EUR/CHF seems the best pair for this approach. EUR/CHF is ranging all the time since the EUR and CHF are negative correlated pairs.

However, I dont suggest the EP is set to be lower than 50%. I set EP as 65% in order to keep the enough space for EA.

Ganapati

confused .. Chartwalk's method with MOD4 ?, BB ? Please clarify.

Might be nice if someone could update the first post with all the mods....as experimental.

haha i got really confused with all those MODS and stuff. i think i have most of them, but they now they are so many of them that i dont know what are the differences i only use mod2. and i remember that i had some issues with mod4 and couldnt understand what it was doing. and i have some other versions, but guys this is getting more than confusing with all the different blessing. they are like 10 different versions of it and some people have their own "private' modified versions. so maybe we should put things together and understand which version(s) are we talking about exactly for the last couple of weeks

2008 Data

Good Morning Board ~

The 2008 trouble spots seem to be the benchmark of all trouble spots so I have a favor to ask of the board here. I would like to know how to get that period of data so I can run my scans and adjust and absorb those periods into the settings to make the settings more general/safer for all market conditions.

If someone can tell me (step by step) how to do that or point me to where I can read how to do that I would be most grateful ~

Happy trading!

Chart ~

Smooth/Agressive/15 Min EUR/CHF settings

FYI

These are the 3 settings that I'm watching and I am on IBFX platform, I haven't tried any other brokers yet but will shortly. Alpri for one I'm thinking.

Does anyone have a recommendation of a broker with a LOW spread for the EUR/CHF that might run Blessing well?? Or which ones to stay away from!

Thanks in advance!

Chart ~

Reason: