MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal - page 7

mudar:
JUST CHANGE YOUR STRATEGY !!

There are plenty good and profitable strategy just in this forum which are not using hedging. Maybe is time for your to look for an other profitable strategy.

The end of hedging is not the end of trading !!!

You quoted all my message, but it seems like you did not spend a second to read even one word of it.

Hedging and multitradingsystems

For Lenar:

Dear Lenar,

when I heard that in MT5 every orders on the same pair will be melt in one I didn't believed it. Becauso for me and a lot of traders it is a non sense.

Now, we have more than one strategy that works on the same pair (using different Magic Number!). In the MT5 will be possible again or orders, like a melt result, will have a new ticket and 0 magic number ?

We are using hedging stategies and these methods permit us to omit the stop loss. Our EAs doing so gains a lots. In MT5 will not be possible ?

If the unique limitation to mantain separate orders is the need to manage stock and futures I believe that is enough to add a market constraint or to introduce a oveload of the OrderSend function, specific for that market.

The ours needs are to continue with the our EAs (result of expensive efforts) and add new functionalities and not to turn back or avoid the existents.

The need to recompile the EAs and Indicators is not so traumatic, but please, don't melt the order management. It is a wrong thing!

I have talk with some broker and everyone say me that for trading stock and forex I need two separete account. If it's true it is very simple to resolve the order management problems: if I trade with OTC account the order mantains old management way, i I trade on regolated market I need to use new OrderSend function that will be management with new management way.

Thanks for all you have done till now!

Dainesi:
For Lenar:

>cut...

The ours needs are to continue with the our EAs (result of expensive efforts) and add new functionalities and not to turn back or avoid the existents.

The need to recompile the EAs and Indicators is not so traumatic, but please, don't melt the order management. It is a wrong thing!

Amen, my friend, amen!

aurigafx:
Amen, my friend, amen!

And now ... all together: alleluja!!!

I hope more we are to claim and more possibilities will be to push MetaQuotes to drop down the new order management idea.

Dainesi:
And now ... all together: alleluja!!! I hope more we are to claim and more possibilities will be to push MetaQuotes to drop down the new order management idea.

Are you serious ?

Do you think metaquotes take care of forums ??????

LOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Big Joe:
Are you serious ?

Do you think metaquotes take care of forums ??????

LOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Of course not, but why they have a big success on retail FX where many brokers use they platform? They are now removing one of the main the reasons of this success.

When brokers start to loose client base because of MT5 (and I am no doubt that this happen, as getting rid off multiply strategies support on a single account is IMHO shoot in the foot) then there probably a new solution pop up as the nature don't like emptiness. There was a trading before metatrader there will be trading after it.

They should look on Microsoft, you can till run on Vista legacy code dating from 80. Find some obscure application, and no problem. Removing back wards compatibility with MT4 code is not very wise decision. If Microsoft did that today there would be no Microsoft.

There is no point discussing this with Metaquotes as we are not direct clients of them and they don't care. Brokers would not care about Metaquotes when retail clients start to move to another platform neither. Competition enough and I hope someone out there is already preparing for a big cake.

I am totally with you.

Metaquotes seems very short-sighted on this issue. I understand that metaquotes may try to make brokers happy (we retail traders are not preferred, I am ok with that.) but it is really stupid to neutralize MT4 fundamental advantage in order management for whatever purpose that I cannot think of.

this is NOT about HEDGING at all. Imagine in those trading funds, a professional trader is working. and he place a position, and later, he place another position, then these 2 positions merged together?????? what a stupid thing is that? and why our retail trader will have to use such a platform?

It will be very arrogant and paranoid for metaquotes to assume that retail traders will stick to MT5 just because of the name of "metatrader". I won't do it anyway.

michal:
Of course not, but why they have a big success on retail FX where many brokers use they platform? They are now removing one of the main the reasons of this success.

When brokers start to loose client base because of MT5 (and I am no doubt that this happen, as getting rid off multiply strategies support on a single account is IMHO shoot in the foot) then there probably a new solution pop up as the nature don't like emptiness. There was a trading before metatrader there will be trading after it.

Although your suggestion looks like full of wisdom, you just don't understand what the issue is at all. Either you are so lazy to read, or you are illiterate on mql4 programming/MT4 application.

mudar:
JUST CHANGE YOUR STRATEGY !!

There are plenty good and profitable strategy just in this forum which are not using hedging. Maybe is time for your to look for an other profitable strategy.

The end of hedging is not the end of trading !!!

platform should support it. end of discussion. you guys at MQ... is it that hard to make one more options item... hedging enabled/disabled?

I can't believe it will be this way... I mean... if you're serious about one position per currency (as preset option by platform) I can't stop laughing...

integrate notepad to MT5 please as well... this can't be possibly right... I wonder what will happen to all magic numbers...

Reason: