Ea based on WATL (breakout strategy) - page 3

AlwayzLearnin:
Hi Giapel,

I realised that the functions are not in use, but the EA is greyed out on the MT4 screen and can't be used.

Any ideas on why that would be?

hi,

have you download indicator from post #1 (watl.ex4) ?

1 - download it on "your broker"/expert/indicator

2 - re open platform

giapel

giapel:
hi,

have you download indicator from post #1 (watl.ex4) ?

1 - download it on "your broker"/expert/indicator

2 - re open platform

giapel

That is how I had it setup... I just removed it all and put it in again and it works now... no idea what changed

Thanks for your help

Does someone know how to work manual with watl?

To giapel

I have attached the EA to the chart a couple of days ago, I do get the smiling face and all inputs are set for live trading.

The EA has not opened a trade at present. Am I doing something wrong, or does the EA not trade that often?

How often do you expect the EA to trade. Can you please advise.

Thanks

Nik

Nikolaus:
I have attached the EA to the chart a couple of days ago, I do get the smiling face and all inputs are set for live trading.

The EA has not opened a trade at present. Am I doing something wrong, or does the EA not trade that often?

How often do you expect the EA to trade. Can you please advise.

Thanks

Nik

hi, i am not ready to trading on live account. EA do not trade often, in fact i apply it on high timeframe (H4). if you on previous post i explain (with image) the logic of EA.

However, i suggest you control open orders, analyzing WATL indicator (trendline) moving stoploss or closing.

giapel

Is not trade often because in many cases (~30%) order is not sent because price is too close or beyond/below max or min.

At least that is happening on my backtests.

Oh well..don't say I just criticize...

Try this version, fixed, now place all orders,indicator parameters configurable, modified Trailing stop with step,money management, 5 digit broker compatible, global variables that allow multipair in same account, fixed scheduler, other fixes/cleanup.

and a backtest...

Files:
watl1.jpg  141 kb
watl_14_1.mq4  13 kb

To Enforcer

Enforcer:
Oh well..don't say I just criticize...

Try this version, fixed, now place all orders,indicator parameters configurable, modified Trailing stop with step,money management, 5 digit broker compatible, global variables that allow multipair in same account, fixed scheduler, other fixes/cleanup.

and a backtest...

You have been busy!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Will try to test this modified version as well.

Do you have any recommended settings, or are the default settings OK.

Thanks

Nik

Believe me or not, didn't had too much time to test it.

settings works on usdjpy H4 and H1.

Try to see if is working on other pairs, what settings and TF....

Also run a visual test for a while and see if orders are placed as expected.

developing ea

Hi, i want to thanks Enforcer to develop this ea on WATL, i 've added it on post #1.

giapel

Reason: