Ea based on WATL (breakout strategy) - page 2

bt062:
i used his 3level semafor, the only repaint indic i ever used.

1] add something to detect obos, rsi/stoch/wpr%/rvi/mom/roc/macd

2] add something to detect trend ma/envelope/alligator/macd

so every peak that generated by watl must be valid

and the break out must be valid to

obos>=<level obos && trend==01 cross over

i used 3level semafor with ma&macd&rsi to detect the (3) is valid or not

the biggest problem must be spike

hi, i trade this ea on high timeframe to avoid false signal, this means that low number-orders, if i added more criteria to enter buy/sell , orders decreases.

thanks in advance for suggestion

giapel

TeamMoney:
thank you for your nice EA....i tried on back test but seems to be on sell post,the trailing stop is not functioning at all.End up....at beginning profit but lastly it became lost....

hi, adjust function trailing stop, see first post

giapel

giapel:
hi, adjust function trailing stop, see first post giapel

thank your giaple.....

if u try to back test Euro/Usd TF 4 hrs from may 2008....this EA sufferred big

lost....

may be we can try another statergy...

Nice job. Trailing stop and TP work nice.

When I try and run this it is greyed out. I tried to compile it to find any errors but I only see 2 warnings and no errors.

The are "HandleModifyStop" and HandleOpenPositions" not referenced.

Does anyone know why this won't run?

Good Day,

I think the concept behind this excellent. I would also add that from my own experience and what I have read from others, the validation of repainting can be of significant value on the higher TF's (D1/H4/H1) which I prefer to trade on.

A few things I do to validate a number 3-- always check the next two higher TF's, if it is only a number 1 the repaint probability is still high.

Second verifying the ADX indicator is greater than 30 when the #3 is created and that both the +Di and -Di cross at 20 for it to be a valid signal. The drawback to ADX is it takes a couple of candles before confirmation is complete-- on a H4/D1 chart can be a day or three and by then the second wave is occurring...

However if I understand your strategy you are building off the #3 as trend indicator, more as a fractal than the actual initiation of the trade.

Who knows, how to use this WATL indicator???

AlwayzLearnin:
When I try and run this it is greyed out. I tried to compile it to find any errors but I only see 2 warnings and no errors.

The are "HandleModifyStop" and HandleOpenPositions" not referenced.

Does anyone know why this won't run?

Hi,

it means that function are NOT used.

thanks, giapel

TeamMoney:
thank your giaple.....

if u try to back test Euro/Usd TF 4 hrs from may 2008....this EA sufferred big

lost....

may be we can try another statergy...

Hi

there is another strategy to "read" this indicator, i' ve introduced a conservative mode (low number orders, high timeframe).

Another way is a scalping strategy, small profit on breakout max/min and calculate a fix SL related to "% profitability".

request several hours to develop.

giapel

giapel:
Hi,

it means that function are NOT used.

thanks, giapel

Hi Giapel,

I realised that the functions are not in use, but the EA is greyed out on the MT4 screen and can't be used.

Any ideas on why that would be?

Reason: