FX Clearing Group, Inc.

www.fxclearing.ca

click on platform and download

independent testing is encouraged

you can also check

www.grandmaster.mt4stats.com for my results

Files:

Hi internetgrandmaster,

a sophisticated money management concept. I would like to add that you can implement this basic idea in many different systems. Your MM is not dependent on Parabolic SAR.

Good idea!

The EA doesn't trade longs and shorts independently and simultaneously.

If I can make a suggestion, I think it would be better to not enter a new trade on the same level as the previous one (if there is less than 30 pips between the entries), and also to not oversize the next entry by jumping thru the levels: just enter at the next size level.

Then, it becomes a simple martingale strategy with steps determined by the SAR and with a minimum step of 30 pips.

But anyway what remains a problem with the SAR is that the longs are triggered high and the shorts are triggered low.

internetgrandmaster

Don't you have some other link to view your stats?

I shouldn't have to create an account should I?

Thanks in advance.

internetgrandmaster:
Login 1048201

you can also check

MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Stats with the world for my results

Losing group

This group of longs was a loser...

Files:
loser.jpg  485 kb

No TP's

I assume that it doesn't set a TP.

EURGBP can move so fast that as it is closing its good trade the price can move before all the open positions can close.

Only protection against that is to adjust all the orders when you open a new position so that their TP is set to the same value.

This trading methode on EURGBP would be tough considering how far it can swing.

Oops this is a simulation isn't it. I didn't think those slips could happen in the sim. However one simulated second has gone by from the time the leading position has closed and the others have closed. If it was real It may have looked much worse.

crodzilla:
This group of longs was a loser...

Losing trades

Could you help me understand why you hold on to the losing (you said that rarely do you have more than 3 trades open) trades once the trend goes against you according to the SAR. Why not close the position once the trend changes not in your favor, then follow your money management for the next trend in your favor?

Thanks

internetgrandmaster:
Login 1048201

Investor : 4irmdaf (read only password)

FX Clearing Group, Inc.

FX|Clearing - Welcome!

click on platform and download

independent testing is encouraged

you can also check

MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Stats with the world for my results

brgolfer:
Could you help me understand why you hold on to the losing (you said that rarely do you have more than 3 trades open) trades once the trend goes against you according to the SAR. Why not close the position once the trend changes not in your favor, then follow your money management for the next trend in your favor? Thanks

How do you know a trade or group of trades is going to stay losing? This is basically a cost averaging system. You are hoping the average of a group of long or shorts becomes profitable (price retraces).

I have tried what you suggest in EA's long put to rest. That strategy eventually dies. Martingale, non-Martingale or Anti-Martingale all lose eventually. This has a different flavor to it. Enough to be slightly interested. But, I don't think it can ever stand the test of time.

Carl

PS. I would like to be able to specify my starting lot size (lower than the .1). That simulation busts a $10k account in no time.

Michel:
The EA doesn't trade longs and shorts independently and simultaneously.

If I can make a suggestion, I think it would be better to not enter a new trade on the same level as the previous one (if there is less than 30 pips between the entries), and also to not oversize the next entry by jumping thru the levels: just enter at the next size level.

Then, it becomes a simple martingale strategy with steps determined by the SAR and with a minimum step of 30 pips.

But anyway what remains a problem with the SAR is that the longs are triggered high and the shorts are triggered low.

place the ea on 2 charts

one for long trades and the other for short trades

entering in the next size level will resultn in losing trades especially if there is a huge gap between two trades

not opening a new trade if the gap is not up to 30 pips is a good suggestion

i will include an option for that very soon

all indicators get you in late and get you out late , you just have to manage them

crodzilla:
How do you know a trade or group of trades is going to stay losing? This is basically a cost averaging system. You are hoping the average of a group of long or shorts becomes profitable (price retraces).

I have tried what you suggest in EA's long put to rest. That strategy eventually dies. Martingale, non-Martingale or Anti-Martingale all lose eventually. This has a different flavor to it. Enough to be slightly interested. But, I don't think it can ever stand the test of time.

Carl

PS. I would like to be able to specify my starting lot size (lower than the .1). That simulation busts a $10k account in no time.

i think it will stand the test of time if you babysit it during volatile news times

i will try to include starting lotsize

i didnt include it initially because i know some grredy people will increase th risk and blow their account

Reason: