RAS moderators announcement, reports and problems - page 76

cannot see my open trades

Hi,

I cannot see again my open trades, nor those of the purchased signals. nor of the clone.

greets

Yes, I asked them to check.

You can see open trades for your signal if you log to RAS website (as a vendor).

From another thread!

ND,

as one of the signal vendors with the longest track record, we feel that we must comment on this thread.

We would very well agree with your standpoint, if RAS were a free subscription service, but this is not case!

Even the contrary is true. RAS is a very expensive service for buyers and for signal vendors too. Over the course of one year, several changes have been made on the paid subscription front. Not only, that free signals vanished, but also the minimum monthly fee amount has been raised(doubled) and the percentage RAS earns from commercial signals has simply doubled too, because companies now pay the same as private persons, as signal vendors. RAS must know, that a minimum of 50USD for a commercial signal requires subscriber accounts of easily more than 1k USD to make it worthwhile trading.

It is not difficult to code a close feature into RAS, which simply closes a trade, if it is closed in RAS too. It is also not difficult to code, that only trades, which have been opened within a certain time will also open on new subscriber accounts. If vendors close MT4 or make other mistakes it is easy to flag them on the RAS website and much more.

RAS reacts on all problems very much, as if this is the responsibilty of the subscriber. This is a conceptional mistake in the first place and in business attitude.

As long as RAS charges money from subscribers and vendors , it is the sole responsibility of RAS to take proper action first and inform about inherent problems and make announcements to vendors and subscribers.

Once again, it is nice, that you NewDigital, moderate in this forum, but it can not be, that subscribers, who risk own money are serving as "trail and error" candidates.

Having said that, we, as a professional trading company, regard this attitude, not only as unprofessional, it is unacceptable to charge money from subscribers and leave many problems and bugs on the RAS EA and the website unsolved or even misleading.

Also it is in our opinion inacceptable, that a professional service like RAS is not upfront telling potential subscribers the inherent problems of a service like this. RAS can not expect, that potential subscribers read through hundreds of posts to search for limitations of the RAS service and find out about bugs after subscribing to a signal and paying money for it first.

Many problems have brought to the public board only after several subscribers found out about them the hard way and lost money first, before the problem was even considered.

We can enter a long discussion about minor stuff, as statistics, vendor due dilligence, references and much more, but one thing is very clear.

If a service costs money , than it can not be the aim of the game, that subscribers pay first before they find out about limitations and problems.

We wish, that RAS service catches up with its service to the prices charged.

There is a hughe gap in our opinion right now, between the quality of the service and the pricetag to the disadvantage of your clients.

Janus Trading

Messaging to subscribers

Hi,

I would like to ask if there is a way to send a message to my subscribers in the RAS system? I do not know who they are so there should be some way to contact them via some internal messaging...

I would need, for example, change some settings in my EA so I would like to notify my subscribers before I do any changes.

Or, I would like to ask them how are they happy with my signals. I have some subscribers for a couple of months but none of them gives me any feedback, so I would like to ask.... They do not complain, so I guess they are happy but anyway...

Thanks!

It was some idea about it (my idea from long time ago approved by the members of the forum on this section on the time when RAS was developed) ... Later on it was some transformation of this idea on something as "VIP vendorship" or "advanced vendorship" ... to have more fueature ... after that it was some "transformation" of this idea concerning installing PM feature in RAS website ...

I am still thinking that vendors should communicate with subscribers. Let the developers will finish autotrading and after that we can send them more and more.

For now - I am collecting all the ideas from yesterday's talking and sending all to the developers for their internal discussion/conclusion and so on. I will let to know of course.

newdigital:
Must but ... no one can check their initial deposit.

It may be good if the vendor is tradin with real money with autotrading for example (it will be in the near future I hope). But for demo accounts ... how can we say which deposit he is using? He will say that he is usin 100 dollars deposit so should we believe in that?

It is difficult ...

The only way for now (without autotrading) - compare/combine pips performance with floating drawdown and max lot size just to understand which initial deposit size may be good for subscribers.

Every seller here is using RAS EA to distribute signals, right?

In MQL language there is a function

AccountBalance - MQL4 Documentation

double AccountBalance( )

Returns balance value of the current account (the amount of money on the account).

So, when the seller runs RAS EA for the first time the RAS system could register seller's current balance which is a starting point for your statistics. RAS would not have to compare the balance/equity to hypothetical $1000.

It is also easy to find "deposit" value in the history statement using the RAS EA but the seller would have to enable "All history", so maybe the most current balance is easier way to go...

Or to make it even more simple, why RAS EA cannot send current AccountBalance() and AccountEquity() together with the signals or every tick to RAS server? This way RAS server would "know" balance and equity almost in real time. And it is not possible to cheat it.

The problem is, for example, my system looks horrible when you look at the current picture (see attached) but in fact account balance is over $18000 and drawdown is around $800, so in fact the DD percentage is only 4.4%...

I am a programmer and I think it could be easy to implement.

Just some thoughts....

Files:

In advanced stats - you can select any initial deposit.

So, this 1,000 is just the line to see drawdown in dollars with lot multiplier = 1.

Only.

As to balance from sellers so many sellers are using 1 balance to send 2 or 8 signals. How to devide 10,000 dollars deposit onto 8 signals inside 1 Metatrader?

In case of autotrading (it will be soon) - yes, it will be initial balance.

But in case of our situation - it is impossible to know about initial deposit for every signal.

Because you started with 5,000 initial in December last year. I subscribed to your signal now. You have 6,500 now ... But I do not want to use 6,500. I want to use 3,456.

So, this 1,000 is just a line to estimate drawdown with lot -multiplier = 1. other initial deposit values for any other lot multiplier - in advanced stats by images too.

Suggestions - wish list

Hi ND,

I have been using RAS system for a couple of months as signal provider. I think you remember me asking about automatic ranking system on the "Find a signal" page. I would like to list here a couple of suggestions to RAS service in order to improve it (in my opinion). Maybe you could create a poll somewhere in this forum and people could vote what suggestion they would like to have at RAS (one feature = one poll question).

So here is my "wish list" (suggestions):

1. Ranking system - instead of using "pips last week" I suggest using "average pips per week" value, because it would rank down those who are in red numbers in total. Currently I can see losing systems on the first pages just because they had profitable week, but they are in a loss overall.

2. Trial period - lots of traders would like to try the signal on demo for some period of time. Either to get familiar with RAS EA and its settings and/or see the performance of the signal on demo account first. I suggest to introduce trial period for some small fee (e.g. for $5 first month). This would allow people to try the system and filter out those who are not seriously interested in using RAS service (because of the fee there would not be people signing up to 50 systems or so...).

3. Advertising on RAS- I suggest RAS would introduce some tool to advertise the signal. For example, currently the "most popular" signals are always ranked at the top. So, if signal provider pays some advertising fee RAS would also ranked him at the top, e.g. just below the most popular. Something like "sponsored links" in the search engines. They would be ranked by the amount they pay monthly for advertising.

4. Internal communication tool for signal providers - I mentioned earlier that it would be great to have private messaging system in the RAS service so signal providers could contact their subscribers in case they would need to make some announcements for them regarding their service. Currently I have no means to contact my subscribers privately since I just see their user names in the RAS system.

That is all. Thank you. I hope some of these suggestions will be introduced.

Martinrange

Hi ND,

one of your recommended audited results is Signal 651

NAME: MARTINRAGE - OTHER THAN MAIN ONES - NO HEDGE here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179156/page11

Heve you noticed his drawdown (DD) before period you have audited? DD was -$8600...

I question your objectivity...

Sorry for being a pain

Files:
martinrange.jpg  37 kb
Reason: