My honest history chart of trading on Forex - page 4

How's full time trading treating you? Fun, isn't it? I was so pumped when I started out.

How much money do you figure you will need to live on? And what kind of stake money are you starting out with? I think these 2 questions will sum up most trader's chances of survival.

FatherJack

Could You please upload the MACD_osMA version that's on Your chart at post #31

You can get some nice signals using that combination of MACD_osMA's

Files:
clipboard01.jpg  155 kb

Kazam:
FatherJack

Could You please upload the MACD_osMA version that's on Your chart at post #31

You can get some nice signals using that combination of MACD_osMA's

If it was so easy... :-) MTF indictors always look better than they work. But it has potential, you are right. Here you go, with plenty of others on this thread. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178018/page14

People ARE very generous on this forum, pure gold.

Kenny Rogers:
How's full time trading treating you? Fun, isn't it? I was so pumped when I started out. How much money do you figure you will need to live on? And what kind of stake money are you starting out with? I think these 2 questions will sum up most trader's chances of survival.

Not ready to "open my cards" yet. It is no big secret, but... just a superstition-type thing, if you wish

I'll keep you posted as I'm showing myself the ropes. Better than the market giving you the rope'n'soap...

Generally, trading itself, no big difference so far, making a bit for bread and butter.

I think my best asset so far is that I've taught myself to stay cool and work on signals not gut feelengs. And take losses as we take weather.

FatherJack

Thank You for the link.

I know about the limitations of MTF indicators but they have potential.

Could You please tell me one more thing - how did You make this indicator to display 5 bars as one step? It doesn't work when I try to insert a custom value as a time frame.

Files:

Kazam:
FatherJack

Thank You for the link.

I know about the limitations of MTF indicators but they have potential.

Could You please tell me one more thing - how did You make this indicator to display 5 bars as one step? It doesn't work when I try to insert a custom value as a time frame.

For making 5 bars, I use this Period Converter Optimized - MQL4 Code Base.

Read section II. How to use

Works perfectly well with me.

Hope it helps.

Some how I feel one thing from my last some months experience is that trend line or channel is one of the best instruments and HH,LL............

And this thread to my knowledge is one of the best.........I can not think trading without three things...........

1)Trend line or channel......At first I try to make some channel and you know it is not possible sometimes and then I depend on trend line..........

2)LL and HL(this will show the real trend , not the crossing ).....Yes crossing is a matter but you know whipsaw is available and in range market it does not work.........in range market crossing is just a hell.........

3)And the last one is crossing......Here used 13 and 34 EMA crossing....But I use 19 and 39 and I think it is good to use also 13 and 34..........No matter.....But the main problem is risk calculation......when it is crossed then the candle may be 100 pips up from the trend line......and I shall not enter then..........I for this reason...........

I at first be sure whether it is making LL or HL .........if LL then it is downtrend and I wait for the EMA crossing and trend line and enter with the help of trend line....

my exit also based on trend line or channel..........

I don't use pivot,RSI,MACD or CCI or something else...............

Actually I use GUPPY long with 15 min chart and the rest is same......I don't use EMA crossing but EMA crossing with 30min in this set up do the same thing and will do good to people.........

I think this set up will do good to people.......if anyone can make a EA with my above mentioned way then I shall be very happy..............

Files:
eurousd.jpg  17 kb

attached image is so small..........why??????

FatherJack:
Not ready to "open my cards" yet. It is no big secret, but... just a superstition-type thing, if you wish

I'll keep you posted as I'm showing myself the ropes. Better than the market giving you the rope'n'soap...

Generally, trading itself, no big difference so far, making a bit for bread and butter.

I think my best asset so far is that I've taught myself to stay cool and work on signals not gut feelengs. And take losses as we take weather.

No problem at all.

I think you understand my question though because I wanted to prepare you against the added pressure of full time trading, and the gut feeling trades that need to be avoided when trading.

Stake money size is very important because you can't overextend yourself anymore, and the game is now risk management, self control, and stake preservation.

I think this will work now jack.........I use 15min chart with guppy about same settings or strategy........

regards.

Files:
Reason: