My honest history chart of trading on Forex - page 10

Limstylz:
I can see that once you tire of your indicator fads and stick to a specific set or abandon them altogether, that you will lose your fear and discipline won't be so much of a chore.

Thanks for posting the link to the FCC. I have been recording my trades in an excel sheet, but that has become burdensome and I was starting to neglect it.

I will be watching this threads progress with interest. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Thanks mate. I will try to post some of the bad trades to show to others and to myself how I deal with them. So far I never posted any of my trades, and I still feel it's a bit intimate... But I'll try to add more flesh to this thread of mine.

Oh, and also thanks for teaching me the word "fad", never encountered it before

Now, people, any instrument that gives you volatility in the forex market is a total deposit killer. Yes, I mean ADX and Damiani and similar. Now why?

Cause the price normally moves in jumps - then consolidates. Use your eyes, not the stupid ADX things.

Never use Damiany volatility meter!

Ok, I feel I have done it for this week. Retiring for now.

PS - Never use volatility things in Forex!

The summer is almost over. In my place, it's gonna be cold soon. Frosty. Ever heard of Robert Frost?

The snow is lovely, dark and deep

But I have promises to keep

And way to go before I sleep

And way to go...

Not a single losing day this summer (well may be one or two, to be honest). Know what? I think if I stop drinking and concentrate on trading, I can be doing pretty well in a year's time. Too bad it's impossible.

Does anyone have a semaphore (zigzag) indicator that leaves repaints on the chart? I'd like to visually optimize the settings.

Well, cheers.

FatherJack:
Now, people, any instrument that gives you volatility in the forex market is a total deposit killer. Yes, I mean ADX and Damiani and similar. Now why?

Cause the price normally moves in jumps - then consolidates. Use your eyes, not the stupid ADX things.

Never use Damiany volatility meter!

Ok, I feel I have done it for this week. Retiring for now.

PS - Never use volatility things in Forex!

I don't !!....

But how about S/R instead ?...

fxnewbie:
I don't !!.... But how about S/R instead ?...

You mean breakouts? A decent strategy, yeap. But too late, for my taste. I do not use those horisontal S|R lines because you never know if it is going to be respected by the price or broken. Same thing refers to fibo or murray or anething similar.

FatherJack:
You mean breakouts? A decent strategy, yeap. But too late, for my taste. I do not use those horisontal S|R lines because you never know if it is going to be respected by the price or broken. Same thing refers to fibo or murray or anething similar.

Well, working for me most of the time ( with the adittion of some confirmation, of course)

I ask fxbs if he can do an indicator that I think will help a lot, based in the picture I post. Maybe with the adittion of fast zig-zag to determine the levels If conditions are met?..dunnow. Let's see if I am lucky and he becomes interested enough....

Unfortunalty, I am not a coder . Everytime I try, I mess all. My PC was full of my coding salads, so I simply delet it all and quit for now.

Files:
improvment.gif  51 kb

I have promised to show my bad trades. Here they are. I was trading like a fool this Friday... And still came out with 10 pip profit. It is all about not being greedy.

Files:
11.gif  25 kb

fxnewbie:
Well, working for me most of the time ( with the adittion of some confirmation, of course)

I ask fxbs if he can do an indicator that I think will help a lot, based in the picture I post. Maybe with the adittion of fast zig-zag to determine the levels If conditions are met?..dunnow. Let's see if I am lucky and he becomes interested enough....

Unfortunalty, I am not a coder . Everytime I try, I mess all. My PC was full of my coding salads, so I simply delet it all and quit for now.

About your picture. It is all nice on the picture. Realtime is different though. You never know.

As for the indicator - I have been using the services of a very good coder from Ukraine in the last 12 months, he did a number of things for me. Normally, he would ask about 15 USD for a (simple) indicator. If your concept is complex, of course it is going to be bigger. If interested, I can connect you.

Not "the snow is"... It is the "woods are"... But thinking of a moonlight snow night, I think, I was not that wrong. I was born in a snow country, I know the snow can be dark.

But to say it all:

Whose woods these are I think I know,

His house is in the village though.

He will not see me stopping here,

To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer,

To stop without a farmhouse near,

Between the woods and frozen lake,

The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake,

To ask if there is some mistake.

The only other sound's the sweep,