100-300 Pips Per Day Any Pair Any Timeframe Using 2 Indicators - page 17

robp:
What started out here as a very simple method using just S&R and MACD has evolved into a mess of added indictaors. Seems like it's always the fate of any method and the reason why so many leave the boards.

i totally agree simple is always better, there is nothing wrong with using the first post. for myself i always had a problem with stops and exits until a trading friend told me about atr, i have never looked back. But this simple method does not need all the added indicators.

xard777:
It's Schaff indy by mladen....or do you mean the nonlagma(18)? xard777

Yes Xard, thanks it's the schaff, it seems i don't have the colored version, can you post it here, off course the ex4

Thanks

xard777:
Here is schaff indy...I d/l it from this board in mq4 format, so I will post it as mq4 Xard777

Thanks, you made my day !

I just discovered some schaff reading at fx-strategy and i must admit, it's damn interesting !

This is my first post in this forum although i have been reading for a long time.

Glad to see so many people trying to help improve the system, I just have a small piece of advice, take it or leave it.

Joesmoe posted a nice simple system that works for him, and early on in the thread some other people posted promissing results too. The system has a good entry, not perfect all the time, but there is no perfect system anyway. Most of the times it has a good entry.

What I think would benefit this system most is try to work on exit. Adding many indicators to improve entry most likely will cause confusion with marginal gains, especially since most of them display identical information in a different way...

just my 2pips,

Can u please post the link

Thanks!

Big Joe:
Thanks, you made my day !

I just discovered some schaff reading at fx-strategy and i must admit, it's damn interesting !

Guys, I agree with you less is more With so many indicators first I am confused too see so many colours and data on chart. My recap for this week was really good trading on Monday and Tuesday but then Wednesday/Thursday market was kind of slow and I made lots of bad trades, Friday a bit better then previous 2 days.

Alt.

Questions

Hi,

I have just come across your thread and this system seems very good.

Can you please tell me how you determine the BEST SPREADs?

How do you determine if the market is in CHOPPY state?

Thanks.

hawash78:
Can u please post the link

Thanks!

Here it is :

Forex Trading : FX Strategy : Doug Schaff

What a mess

I leave for 2 days to my cabin and I come back to a mess of a thread.

I guess you can't keep a simple thread without everyone trying to take them over and can't seem to make there own thread. I've seen this before I knew better.

Happy pips I give this thread to the thread whores.

JS

Lets keep to the two systems

Hi Joe, glad I found this thread and so far the systems in my demo have been working great. Like you said a person needs to analyze the price movement which comes with practice.

Too all others, I think that Joe has a couple of real good and simple systems to use without all the other colorful indicators. I am not a programmer but Im sure if there was a way to get a full proof auto pilot EA it would have been written. Why does everyone think they need to change what works.

If I can make money with these simple systems anyone can. When I dont make money is when I start making it complicated. Keep it simple.

On exit strategy everyone wants to get every pip, well thats not going to happen, if you've been trading for awhile you should know this. Some you get alot some you get less the main objective is to get some and some is better than none or less than none which happens also.

Anyway I think the posts should be kept to the two systems listed with some results using the set up as given without all the extra bells.

Just my two cents just want to give credit where its do....

Reason: