I have a psychological problem that I cannot solve

I am one sick puppy....

I have struggled for years to make a profit in Forex...and I have found something that works for me...because I thoroughly understand how the EA works. I must intervene often and interuppt the logic of the EA ...but only because I understand it. This EA was publically posted and slipped away as no one could make a profit with it...

Now here is my dilemma...what do I do now? I am winning...I have been quietly winning for several months now (I am in denial and continue searching and posting all over the place on the internet trading boards..yes in denial I said about winning!)....I do not get bored because of the constant intervention that I must do....it is a discretionary EA...so to speak...But I cannot get used to winning...I have been always chasing losses and just trying to breakeven....this winning stuff is hard to get accustomed to.

Here is my other dilemma....do I share? I would need to teach what I do...and I wonder if only the losing and stubborn traders that have nearly given their soul away for profit could do this....probably not. I seem to have found my personal way and it cannot be mimic'ed

So I have preached how I want to give back to my friends but how ? I cannot teach what I do. Then this "winning problem" and my sickness...I have trained myself to handle losses...but not to handle wins...

What a hell of a problem I have...Should I commit myself to a mental institution?... Don't laugh...this is a real problem for me...I do not know how to win...I had convinced myself somehow that it was not possible to consistently win in any trading....I have a few years left before I die , but my losing years will have exceeded the winning years to come....assuming this continues...so I have paid my dues.

Someone told me to sell the signal here in tsd....in rent-a-signal...but I have vowed never to do make money from other traders who are my friends....maybe I will....I do not know...but I only want them to make money...I worry that the code of the EA will be found out (I altered its set file all by myself.., I do not backtest..so this was a long trial of forward tests...over a 6 month period). I think that reverse engineering is a real threat to my success and then there is the dealer....If I post too much one of them will stop me.

So I guess I will go into a hole and trade alone.....now that I have found out how to win....but ohhh...I get so lonesome...and I have made so many friends. Am I wrong? Should I become a vendor....should I dissappear...????

Can someone tell me what to do?...I apologize for the long post...but I am writing from my heart...is this farewell?

I must focus on this....will the internet boards distract me?....will I always tinker and look for something better or just stick with what works? I do not want to imagine something better and I am making a lot of money with this EA and still cannot believe that I am allowed to continue....I have never been allowed to make the thousands of dollars that I am making for so long...usually I give it back....but this is an edge and it is more price action and money management than the indicator...

ES

I am happy for you ES.

Everyone who knows you knows that you have certainly put your time in. You have put forth many great ideas, and contributed to the community time and time again.

If you have found a winning solution, maybe it is best to keep it to yourself. I tell you this as a friend. Anyone who has been in the forex game for some time knows how truly hard it is to find a winning system. Everyone also knows the fear of losing such a system once they find it. Whatever you are doing, keep it up.

As far as your moral conscience goes, all I can say is, be true to yourself and your family first.

- Lonely? Buy a dog

-Can't get use to winning? Grow a pair... it's a lot easier to get comfortable with winning, than dealing with constant losses.

-Share the model? Don't be foolish, when the majority utilizes a similar technique the edge disappears.

-Share the knowledge? Sure there are many newcomers everyday, by all means share your experiences with them. It's one of the few things that justify existence.

I hope this was beneficial, ES. If not, I hope you don't end up making a decision that puts you back into the 95% group. Ultimately, success is a journey of one.

for me, if we keep the winning way just only for personal use, im agree coz we can share by do fund manager.

its up to them to hire us or not, but at least i give my chance to share the winning system.

im not a good trader but i think i already have my own free ea and good system, so i just offer the service to those are interested, that's all..

hi

hi ES, the pips makes you ruin right ? are u married ? if not go get a wife and I'm sure your life not lonely anymore , if you have a lot of money I think u can spend your money on condo in a beautiful beach , have a party etc

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

I think you might be letting emotion creap into your trading

think of trading as a business and maybe have 2 accounts

one for play and one for real

ES grats of finding an edge. Personally i think it would be nice to those of us that are getting our butts handed to us in forex, if you would offer your benefits thru something like RAS or some managed account set up. Worrying about reverse engeneering is probably legit but if your system really works its doubtfull anybody that actually does it, will sell it or release it. On top of it, you said you use discretionary manual intervention. That would be very hard to reverse engineer if not impossible i think.

Dear ES,

If your system works, follow it, and don't think too much.

All great traders always teach me to not thinking too much.

Act as a robot, follow your system, and buy some lambos, that's it

Files:
lamborghini.jpg  110 kb

Other Self

In my other guise as a Life Coach and spiritual teacher, I would say go into a peaceful state, meditate, and ask for the answer - whatever the first answer is that comes to your mind (as long as feels right deep in your gut) is the right answer.

And you will know it.....

not a sick puppy...

Electric Savant - your thoughts and feelings must strike a chord with every fx trader that ever searched for an edge.... Fortunately for myself, I haven't suffered such anguish as you appear to. I too was on a roller-coaster ride for a long time, looking for systems. I eventually found that the system doesn't much matter - in the end, it just serves as a convenient hook to hang the hat of your psyche on. If you trust it, and you know the pair, and you read enough to keep you in or out of the markets during exceptionally violent (metaphorically) times, then you have what you need.

I have spent tens of thousands of pounds on systems (software, and or just methodology), all of which are ultimately the same - they either

a) execute well for their shelf-life (i.e. whilst conditions in/for which they were designed prevail) or

2) execute well once you fully understand them and hence can trust them, and from that point begin to accept them for what they are*

*i.e. an indicator that your rational self does not need ... but that which your anxious heart demands...

If it works for you, keep it to yourself and learn to enjoy the results.

Happy trading!

SL

ES, I would like to suggest to you to invest as much time AND as much effort into getting used to winning as you did trying to find something that wins. Be patient and gentle on yourself. And when you eventually get used to winning then your psyche will be in a much better place to decide what is best for you in the long run. There is no rush to make a decision immediately. I wish you well. Goldensight

Reason: