I have a psychological problem that I cannot solve - page 2

ElectricSavant:
I am one sick puppy....

I have struggled for years to make a profit in Forex...and I have found something that works for me...because I thoroughly understand how the EA works. I must intervene often and interuppt the logic of the EA ...but only because I understand it. This EA was publically posted and slipped away as no one could make a profit with it...

Now here is my dilemma...what do I do now? I am winning...I have been quietly winning for several months now (I am in denial and continue searching and posting all over the place on the internet trading boards..yes in denial I said about winning!)....I do not get bored because of the constant intervention that I must do....it is a discretionary EA...so to speak...But I cannot get used to winning...I have been always chasing losses and just trying to breakeven....this winning stuff is hard to get accustomed to.

Here is my other dilemma....do I share? I would need to teach what I do...and I wonder if only the losing and stubborn traders that have nearly given their soul away for profit could do this....probably not. I seem to have found my personal way and it cannot be mimic'ed

So I have preached how I want to give back to my friends but how ? I cannot teach what I do. Then this "winning problem" and my sickness...I have trained myself to handle losses...but not to handle wins...

What a hell of a problem I have...Should I commit myself to mental institution?... Don't laugh...this is a real problem for me...I do not know how to win...I had convinced myself somehow that it was not possible to consistently win in any trading....I have a few years left before I die , but my losing years will have exceeded the winning years to come....assuming this continues...so I have paid my dues.

Someone told me to sell the signal here in tsd....in rent-a-signal...but I have vowed never to do make money from other traders who are my friends....maybe I will....I do not know...but I only want them to make money...I worry that the code of the EA will be found out (I altered its set file all by myself.., I do not backtest..so this was a long trial of forward tests...over a 6 month period). I think that reverse engineering is a real threat to my success and then there is the dealer....If I post too much one of them will stop me.

So I guess I will go into a hole and trade alone.....now that I have found out how to win....but ohhh...I get so lonesome...and I have made so many friends. Am I wrong? Should I become a vendor....should I dissappear...????

Can someone tell me what to do?...I apologize for the long post...but I am writing from my heart...is this farewell?

I must focus on this....will the internet boards distract me?....will I always tinker and look for something better or just stick with what works? I do not want to imagine something better and I am making a lot of money with this EA and still cannot believe that I am allowed to continue....I have never been allowed to make the thousands of dollars that I am making for so long...usually I give it back....but this is an edge and it is more price action and money management than the indicator...

ES

Congrats ES, you deserve it. As far as what to do now, I suggest taking up golf as a hobby. Very relaxing.

collect your winnings, buy a new house, cool car and go for vacations!!!! Bored?! No way, you are just not ready to spend Once you start spending you will need more!

Hey

My suggestion

Go play some POKER (learn the rigth way).

It helped me a lot, I played poker for 3 years before I started with forex. All my bankroll came from Online POKER. And you get used to Winnings and Losses.

We cannot make money out of Poker like in the past any more, but it just clears my mind.

Good Luck with your problem.

Leo_BR

Is it the End Game

Hi All

First let me say that I am completely new to Forex and trading in General and only came to it late in life, after a long and successful career in other areas.

I have two things to say.

1. To you all and it is that i have found this site and it has opened my eyes to a wealth of wonderful insights into the market and the people in it. Thank you for a great forum. I have been reading it nearly all day and have found more good sense here than in the previous 6 months of reading etc.

2. ES I recognise your problem as I have seen it several times before in other fields.

You have battled for, it seems like forever, to beat a system which you knew could be beaten. You took on the Battle, knowing it would be tough and long and prepared for the injuries you would receive, so hardening your mind to them.

Now at last you have found the way to win and the Battle is over so you have lost the will to strive the driving force which kept you going before.

So now you need to redefine your objectives as I guess that the objective before if you are honest with yourself has been to beat the system.

So now set a new objective, use the system you have developed to fund a new battle if that is what you enjoy.

I challenge you to start all over and find another way cos I believe that for you the motivation is the Battle.

Good Luck with the new Battle.

scorflufus:
Hi All

First let me say that I am completely new to Forex and trading in General and only came to it late in life, after a long and successful career in other areas.

I have two things to say.

1. To you all and it is that i have found this site and it has opened my eyes to a wealth of wonderful insights into the market and the people in it. Thank you for a great forum. I have been reading it nearly all day and have found more good sense here than in the previous 6 months of reading etc.

2. ES I recognise your problem as I have seen it several times before in other fields.

You have battled for, it seems like forever, to beat a system which you knew could be beaten. You took on the Battle, knowing it would be tough and long and prepared for the injuries you would receive, so hardening your mind to them.

Now at last you have found the way to win and the Battle is over so you have lost the will to strive the driving force which kept you going before.

So now you need to redefine your objectives as I guess that the objective before if you are honest with yourself has been to beat the system.

So now set a new objective, use the system you have developed to fund a new battle if that is what you enjoy.

I challenge you to start all over and find another way cos I believe that for you the motivation is the Battle.

Good Luck with the new Battle.

I think your last part could help many people here. I try to put simple goals within a general strategic plan. It helps me feel good about my self in the end of the day.

Thanks for the replies...wolfe, Mr. Marketz, prasxz, Perky, zomg, Big Joe, stav01, sanlorenzo, goldensight, jturns23, daniellefr, Leo BR, scorflufus

I have read every word and even printed out a few for my three-ring binder. I removed the handles as the messages were important.

Thank you to all. I started my trading last evening at the open like it was the first day of my life with my three-ring binder open....I cherish some posts and I really did appreciate them. I have gathered posts from over the years and I must say that there are some very wise folks out there.

Sometimes what is seemingly an insincere message from an anonymous soul...cuts deep into the quick.

ES

Electricsavant: hi!

It's great to know that finally you achieved it.

Your persistence was so amazing, and it will guide many of us here and elsewhere.

Don't give anyone your winning EA(s).

Give your valuable knowledge & experience!

Thanks!

Sincerely,

rswamy

-----------------------------------

ElectricSavant:
Thanks for the replies...wolfe, Mr. Marketz, prasxz, Perky, zomg, Big Joe, stav01, sanlorenzo, goldensight, jturns23, daniellefr, Leo BR, scorflufus

I have read every word and even printed out a few for my three-ring binder. I removed the handles as the messages were important.

Thank you to all. I started my trading last evening at the open like it was the first day of my life with my three-ring binder open....I cherish some posts and I really did appreciate them. I have gathered posts from over the years and I must say that there are some very wise folks out there.

ES

Glad to see that you are reaching some kind of inner balance. Let your luck continue to show the right way

One Solution to Your Problem

I am wondering why you don't automate your "interruption". I would think that whatever you are doing is "logical". So by definition you should be able to code this part of the process. What's up?

Leo_BR:
Hey

My suggestion

Go play some POKER (learn the rigth way).

It helped me a lot, I played poker for 3 years before I started with forex. All my bankroll came from Online POKER. And you get used to Winnings and Losses.

We cannot make money out of Poker like in the past any more, but it just clears my mind.

Good Luck with your problem.

Leo_BR

Same here. Been playing online poker for the past 4 years and took up forex soon after. Forex and poker can be remarkably similar, what you learn from one you can apply to the other.

Reason: