_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 89

parwyzee:
bro Rdb.

i've tried in FXDD, about spread, if eur-gbp pair has more than 4 spread, what will happened?

is this EA methods can be implemented to the spread more than 4? how about set? TP will be changed too.

EA will work (place orders in accordance signal) if current Spread<MaxSpread, if any Open Orders and Current Spread > MaxSpread, The EA will not Place Order again, but still working for manage exist order with MagicNumeber=Magic.

about the spread ...

we must use our common sense in deciding how MaxSpread.

EA is only pursuing TakeProfit 5-7 Point, so my calculate about MaxSpread must be below 4 pips, no more.

if you use a broker who did not give under 4 pips spread, should not use this EA, or you will be disappointed.

_rdb_:
you right about the EA make loss for last 10 days, I have posting here before... I stop my forward test on Live Account, because market in strong trending condition. and I run today, the EA make some Order but still hit SL...

no perfect... to many discuss here about differences Backtest and Forward, and we agree... result of forward will not have a same like backtest.

BTW,

I share Your_Lucky_v2 since Jan 1st 2009, and you have forward test for 10 days ?

Hi _rdb_,

I think it needs another volatility/trend filter that prevent trade in a up/down trend. However it could be difficoult as it could open a trade and then a trend could begin anyway...

there was a post here (some post back) who suggested 2 filters...

"_rdb_" You may give a look. They may be useful.

Togu:
thks for your clarification. I have another question. When does the ea multiply the lots? I see the backtest perfoms smoother at the end of the test or yr. Shooting north. Can you explain this?

Your_Lucky is not Martingale System, all order will place with Fix Lots calculate by FreeMargin.

I just try developed and share, and you need do some optimization for yourself and get the best setting for you.

billsechen:
but rdb, MY demo accout is running now on odl,now equity is from USD10,000to USD5700 in 10 days ,it's so bad,i am a little disappoint,and your historical data is so perfect.MY use yourlucky V2 ,thunder 4 wd and V1E ,no one runs in practice so well.

you right about the EA make loss for last 10 days, I have posting here before... I stop my forward test on Live Account, because market in strong trending condition. and I run today, the EA make some Order but still hit SL...

no perfect... to many discuss here about differences Backtest and Forward, and we agree... result of forward will not have a same like backtest.

you can disappointed if you buy $1000 for some EA and make your account lose money.

Here I try to develop and share what I know, I do not promise you'll profit as backtest results, and do not have a dream like that, please use your common sense.

BTW,

I share Your_Lucky_v2 since Jan 1st 2009, and you have forward test for 10 days ?

_rdb_:
PLEASE... to all my friends, who have Thunder4WD...

I ask to you, do not post or discuss about Thunder in this thread.

I don't want other people search and make questions about that, because Thunder not for share in this forum.

let us here, discuss about Your_Lucky, how to make it better and better, till the EA work and success to trade on the other Pair...

Yeah good idea. I didn't mean to start a thread on thunder, I was just trying to get one or the other on EUR/USD.

Lucky doesn't have as many parameters as the new ea.

Will do rdb.

habanero02:
Hey ..when I try to run a test with your input I get this error.

23:03:02 2008.11.05 09:43 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - Alpari UK\experts\indicators\MA_AngleZeroSigma.ex4' on the EURGBP,M1

what am I missing here ??

The file. If you unzipped the ea's you have to transfer all indicators over to the indicator file in alpari/expers/indicators

billsechen:
but rdb, MY demo accout is running now on odl,now equity is from USD10,000to USD5700 in 10 days ,it's so bad,i am a little disappoint,and your historical data is so perfect.MY use yourlucky V2 ,thunder 4 wd and V1E ,no one runs in practice so well.

I don't think you've adjusted for the wider spread bill. Default works with spreads of 4 pips or lower.

Wider spread messes up the results

freemenn:
Hi _rdb_,

I think it needs another volatility/trend filter that prevent trade in a up/down trend. However it could be difficoult as it could open a trade and then a trend could begin anyway...

there was a post here (some post back) who suggested 2 filters...

"_rdb_" You may give a look. They may be useful.

There is a fairly decent volatility indicator at metaquotes site. Called VQ

VQ indicator to EA - MQL4 forum

PipGuard:
Well lets think here. Spreads put things in their favor. For trading or for commissions? Maybe the popularity of EUR/GBP scalping has prompted them to increase spreads to get more commission.

I mean don't they lose at trading when they widen the spreads to?

You have to remember how huge Forex is, I doubt 1 million scalpers would do much before they retire. Do you know how big 3 trillion is? "The average daily trade in the global forex and related markets currently is over US$ 3 trillion. Retail traders (individuals) are a small fraction of this market and may only participate indirectly through brokers or banks.."

3 trillion and it's growing.

Reference for Foreign exchange market - Search.com

Otherwise I agree, if we find something profitable, keep it to ourselves..this forum

ok. let's think. most of them are market makers. they hadge client orders. imagine that a bunch of their users are trading in the same direction and they can't hadge them. they have to go out and hadge the orders on the real market. now they risk something. not to much, because they can hadge with other instruments. the problem is that they become visible (logged transactions for taxes, commisions etc). it's not the same profit for them like keeping transactions inside their "kitchen". if will find out that we can profitable scalp EURUSD during the european lunch hour, for example, and most of their eurusd volumes will be in that timeframe, they will say " because forex market liquidity is low during lunch hour, we have to increase the spread" LOL

PipGuard:
There is a fairly decent volatility indicator at metaquotes site. Called VQ VQ indicator to EA - MQL4 forum

I have to try it, unfortunately I did not get good results using VQ.

Reason: