EA's with the least amount of consequtive losses that have a 1:1 risk to benny - page 2

No, it all just depend on what train of thought people subscribe to some think that the markets are random in their nature others believe there are distinctive patterns.

Cheers

Beno

ES,

Are you going to be looking to gain 50 pips net in a day and stop until the next day are let it constantly run around the clock?

LC

I really do think there is merit to this thread. Isn't there many EA's that have a low # of consecutive losses with a 1:1 Risk to Benefit?...or is it that folks do not share?

Lets make this a good thread and test something...and improve it.

I have shared two EA's that I found in the MQL codebase that I know fairly well and can turn them on and off at will to get profit with (with risk)....but surely there are more...

ES

P.S. (mts Moneyrain is riskier than Universum 3.0)

Here is an EA below, that does not trade very often because so many indicators must agree...but you could set the TP & SL to 80 and do not use the TS OR MM (set lotsize to 0.01 per 1K in an IBFX mini account).

If a coder would consider to add the "double after loss" chunk of code we might test this... (keep doubling lotsize until win, then start over)

ES

P.S. Universum has the chunk of code for doubleing...its just I do not know where to copy and paste code .....(the doubling routine that Universum uses is not merely double, but has another calculation... as sometimes I get doubling plus 0.01 to the lotsize)

DayTrading (EUR/USD M5)

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/8544

PCBiz...I look forward to your posts...Thanks in Advance....now keep in mind some out there will call us crazy...but ok we can take it.... right?

ES

PC Biz:
Excellent strategy. To get it to work consistently with minimal drawdown, you would need an ASCTrend EA that works. The ASCTrend EAs posted here may work with a little tweaking by developers, but I haven't found one that works for the average Joe yet. I'll try a few more, but so far they all need a little help.

Beno,

Now all that we need is an EA!

ES

P.S. I trade Universum and MoneyRain this way from the MQL codebase... (put them on the EUR/USD m15 and use 35TP and 30SL with the DeMarker changed to 12 with a 1K IBFX mini acct. and 0.01) no indicator to download, this uses the stock library from mt4.

Universum 3.0 - MQL4 Code Base

MTS "MoneyRain" - MQL4 Code Base

Beno:
Nice idea ElectricSavant and yes it may seem mad, but then again so did the light bulb.

Cheers

Beno
Files:

lcfxtrader,

I think we need a proven and dependable "edge".

I am open minded to when to trade the EA (s) ...so I have no problem in time restrictions/settings...(hey anything that works!)

lcfx, I think your question/point is different than how I am answering however...

To make a rule simply that states....stop when you reach it, has never made sense to me....the market has no idea what your "personal condition" is.

However accidentally lcfx you might eliminate re-entering in a chop zone just by luck when trading less. By setting goals to get closure to your trading day is psycologically pleasing, but really not marklet related. Sometimes you got to take the money when you can get it and when the market is giving....This is why EA's need to have a trader behind them deciding when to use them.

ES

P.S. Remember martingale needs to start with 0.01 per 1K in an IBFX mini account usually (unless you have an incredible edge)...so a high frequency of trades may be needed to make it worthwhile. Personally, I am concluding that there is just no easy money in trading....

lcfxtrader:
ES,

Are you going to be looking to gain 50 pips net in a day and stop until the next day are let it constantly run around the clock?

LC

Folks, I am reviewing this thread and have edited a lot of my posts to make them more clear.

I really do think that this thread can be important in this subforum Martingale/Average Cost & Hedging.

Separting the threads into this forum really cleaned up the EA thread as many traders now can see EA's that they are interested in. This is a subforum for the few that have not lost a fortune in these sort of EA's yet HeHe..☺

ES

hello

Hello es;

Thanks for the new thread...

I don't post much, but I have read most of the threads in this forum and sometimes other forums, whether about ea's or trading strategies, till now I haven't found an ea that really someone could count on and leave it running (since I have a daily job and can't site the whole day on my desktop), but I am keeping an eye on blessing2+piplite(the new versions by iron), a lot of people tried to reverse the way ea's work, like what happened to goblin, that was transferred to goblin bipolar later, I am really a big fan of martingale as it is constant in putting orders, if you look around you will find that forex market is changing from time to time, for example if a specific indicator is working now and making money within six months or a year it will start giving you false trades, but grid based ea's they will always buy and sell at the same time and try to level up by hedging, anyhow I hope I could help, just wanted to post inorder to share you my experience...

Regards...

rami1,

Welcome to the thread....maybe we can get some EA's here that have low consecutive losses....not perfect but low!...the martingale lotsize will take over from there.....we do not need perfection or curve fitted wonders....just low enough number of consecutive losses to SURVIVE!

We also need an IBFX mini account and a high enough frequency of trades to start with 0.01.

ES

rami1:
Hello es;

Thanks for the new thread...

I don't post much, but I have read most of the threads in this forum and sometimes other forums, whether about ea's or trading strategies, till now I haven't found an ea that really someone could count on and leave it running (since I have a daily job and can't site the whole day on my desktop), but I am keeping an eye on blessing2+piplite(the new versions by iron), a lot of people tried to reverse the way ea's work, like what happened to goblin, that was transferred to goblin bipolar later, I am really a big fan of martingale as it is constant in putting orders, if you look around you will find that forex market is changing from time to time, for example if a specific indicator is working now and making money within six months or a year it will start giving you false trades, but grid based ea's they will always buy and sell at the same time and try to level up by hedging, anyhow I hope I could help, just wanted to post inorder to share you my experience...

Regards...
Reason: