REQ HA Offline Chart - page 21

mntiwana:

Hi friend4you

Did you tried "averages - 4 price trends 2_6" with a lot of options , one of MLADENs best alternative to HA offline Averages.

regards

Good post. Thanks

mladen:

Good example why that can not be done is the picture posted by mntiwana in the previous post (where it is clear that in, depending on average settings, a great % of ha smoothed values does not fit in the high to low range)
mladen, I meant as a second indicator a time independend renko indicator, that means that new bars are just drawn, when price changes x pips over or under last bar. On sideway days, fewer bars are drawn, so that you can filter ranges and show trends better, that's why the japanese invented renko.

With the indicator as it is, cpu is not a problem until using several 1 min charts as I described.

If bar highs/lows are over under the renko highs/lows, why aren't these wicks drawn on your indicator as it is? That would show the important wave lows/highs with real value, so that correct support/resistance lines could be drawn.

friend4you:
mladen, I meant as a second indicator a time independend renko indicator, that means that new bars are just drawn, when price changes x pips over or under last bar. On sideway days, fewer bars are drawn, so that you can filter ranges and show trends better, that's why the japanese invented renko.

With the indicator as it is, cpu is not a problem until using several 1 min charts as I described.

If bar highs/lows are over under the renko highs/lows, why aren't these wicks drawn on your indicator as it is? That would show the important wave lows/highs with real value, so that correct support/resistance lines could be drawn.
Please, take a look at the ha values and compare those values to the high and low values (of any high and low you would like to compare ha values to). Now, when you try to write those high or lows that are not encapsulating the chose ha values to the hst file, you are going to get an error (which, as you know it due to your 20 year long experience in trading, is not possible to do and would only cause execution errors). So, due to "limitation" of metatrader (that is attempting to prevent us from writing meaningless data in a hst file) we can not do that

Yes, I trade so long, but I never coded. Why isn't it possible to write a different candle low/high than the original to the hst-file? Do hst-files care if it has ha-candles? Years ago, I could open hst in editor, how do I decompile them now?

Why does the last candle does not show the actual bid-price?

friend4you:

Yes, I trade so long, but I never coded. Why isn't it possible to write a different candle low/high than the original to the hst-file? Do hst-files care if it has ha-candles? Years ago, I could open hst in editor, how do I decompile them now?

Why does the last candle does not show the actual bid-price?

That question has been answered in all the posts preceding this post - please, in order not to repeat the same thing over and over, read the previous posts for the answer to that question

friend4you:

You just said, it's a problem, when price is within ha candles. And why the bid price line of the NOT closed candle has to be sometimes 20 P behind the real price is a new question.

The idea to make a different indicator with real renko bars (not time based), has never been answered, but if you believe, it's best like it is, I have no problem with that, but it's hard to believe that all three things are impossible in mt4, but you are the expert in coding.

friend4you:
You just said, it's a problem, when price is within ha candles. And why the bid price line of the NOT closed candle has to be sometimes 20 P behind the real price is a new question.

The idea to make a different indicator with real renko bars (not time based), has never been answered, but if you believe, it's best like it is, I have no problem with that, but it's hard to believe that all three things are impossible in mt4, but you are the expert in coding.

What does the HA offline chart has to do with "real renko chart"?

Please take some time, and keeping in mind what the whole thread and posts are about at this thread, reread the answers you got. And please, do not confuse the heiken ashi smoothed with what you have in mind (since it becomes obvious that what you expect from the heiken ashi smoothed has nothing in common with what heiken ashi smoothed really is). All the best

friend4you:

What renko are you using?

sebastianK:
What renko are you using?
I think that he mixed renko with HA offline

nbtrading:
I think that he mixed renko with HA offline
Possible (from the explanation provided). But what is sure, that smoothed HA and renko can not produce same values, and going the half way will produce erroneous offline data that can not be used by the terminal then
Reason: