Martingale EA - page 10

Simply put...you cannot apply a sliding scale (this is what a percent does) to the same progression over and over again , trade by trade...as you progressivley set the goal harder and harder and harder with increasing exposure values, in other words without increasing leverage or progression.

Spoonfeed:

1 instrument

initial:1K

$25.00 TP (Double this when you reach 2k...not before!)

$500.00 SL (you need room to run...this is a hedge of long and short...do not forget, pyramiding is your salvation) (Double this when you reach 2k, not before!)

USD/JPY : NextTrade=16

Start 0.01 (Double this when you reach 2k, not before)

increment 0.01 (Double this when your reach 2K, not before!)

CloseAllMax "false"

TF:5

ES

LCFX,

my humble apologies...I did not realize this was your baby.

You and wolfe have a brilliant idea here...(there is just a little flaw in some logic...I am still testing and maybe I can find some more...but I have trouble to explain things if you have not noticed)

I am really, really embarrassed....

Am I understanding your EA theory correctley?

ES

ES,

Here's the system in a nut shell.

Hi wolfe,

Do you happen to have an EA that would do the following that you could share?

-User decides initial trade direction (let's say long) and starting lot size (say .1 lot)

-New position would be added every time the market moves x pips (say 10 pips) up or down away from the most recent position taken. If market moves up from the original position 10 pips a new long is added. If the market moves down 10 pips from the last position a short is added (basically following the market looking to catch a trend in either direction).

-Each new position size increased by x (ex: .1 lot)

-Take profit based on account %

-Stop loss based on account %

-Max number of standard lots before EA can't taken any new positions (at this point the T/P or S/L will need to be hit when max is reached)

-Re-enter mode would start a new progression again once the prior progression has ended do to T/P or S/L being hit

-Magic number to run on multiple pairs

If you don't have this, could you please code it so we could test it? I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks,

LCFX

It seems like wolfe is doing a great job...but I just got a ping error and the EA does not retry the entry...I think the progression is ended because of that...there may be a way for stability to be improved..

ES

lcfxtrader:
ES,

Here's the system in a nut shell.

Hi wolfe,

Do you happen to have an EA that would do the following that you could share?

-User decides initial trade direction (let's say long) and starting lot size (say .1 lot)

-New position would be added every time the market moves x pips (say 10 pips) up or down away from the most recent position taken. If market moves up from the original position 10 pips a new long is added. If the market moves down 10 pips from the last position a short is added (basically following the market looking to catch a trend in either direction).

-Each new position size increased by x (ex: .1 lot)

-Take profit based on account %

-Stop loss based on account %

-Max number of standard lots before EA can't taken any new positions (at this point the T/P or S/L will need to be hit when max is reached)

-Re-enter mode would start a new progression again once the prior progression has ended do to T/P or S/L being hit

-Magic number to run on multiple pairs

If you don't have this, could you please code it so we could test it? I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks,

LCFX

ElectricSavant:
It seems like wolfe is doing a great job...but I just got a ping error and the EA does not retry the entry...I think the progression is ended because of that...there may be a way for stability to be improved.. ES

After the initial strategy is coded, will have to analyze all the code for any potential bugs, to make it "order reliable". I know as it stands now, the code seems to have some "hiccups" every once in a while.

Going to go over what I've done to v1_2 now. Will post later tonight.

lcfxtrader:
Wolfe,

Did you write the take profit and stop loss % to be based on account balance before the trade progressions begin (I believe this is what I requested wasn't it)? The EA has been taken profits, however, all the open positions have not added up to the % TP that I have set. Could you please explain why? All the orders should be closed on either the SL or TP being hit. I can send you print screen if needed.

Thanks,

lcfxtrader

I tried to code the way you explained. Not sure where the problem is yet. Maybe slippage? Maybe the time it takes to close all orders coupled with a fast moving market? Maybe my code! I'm no expert coder, that's why I am doing this for free. I am enjoying this project and am learning a lot from everyone's input.

You do need to enter your TP_Percent and SL_Percent as whole numbers. Example if you want 1% enter 1, not 0.01. The code changes to a decimal later.

Take_Profit=TP_Percent*0.01;

Stop_Loss=SL_Percent*0.01;

A new version will be posted later tonight.

LCFX,

Doesn't everybody use banked balance? That does not change until you exit...and with this EA you usually exit with a profit, if you buy yourself enough time.

Each individual entry does not have a TP or SL as you know. This is a global thing FOR THE INSTRUMENT THE EA IS DRAGGED ON ONLY. If you simply re-enter after taking profit without interuppting or stopping the restart of the EA and making changes to the start lot and the increment, then you have the exact same progression with the same exposure...but if your profit went up with the previous trade you would be unneccesarily increasing the take profit and the SL. A fixed dollar setting needs to be set per 1K for example...thats easy enough...this is not rocket science...BUT VERY IMPORTANT WHEN YOU ADJUST THE SL OR TP YOU NEED TO ADJUST THE START AND INCREMENT...IF YOU WAIT FOR DOUBLING THEN I SUGGEST YOU DOUBLE BOTH SIDES (The exposure and the sl /tp). LCFX, I understand your need to make this automatic/dynamic with a percent, but it cannot apply here as this multiple progression entry system is not easy to include a MM routine....I will reiterate, clean up the code and get rid of the percent choice completely.

There is absolutly no reason to use this EA on multiple instruments as there is not a strategic reason to do so, other than a long only or short only strategy set up on each individual pair...and why do that with the logic that this EA has? If you absolutly must use just one platform to get the multi-currency exposure you seek after I suggest 0.01 Start / 0.01 increment per pair per 1k...and you better get the nexttrade input calibrated to ATR for each individual pair. Don't forget to change the magic number.

This EA seems to be able to find its direction from price alone...it does not really need the MA to choose it's first trade entry in my opinion...clutters the code...You will never just enter once and get a hole-in-one...with this EA, unless you use a large start lot size. and if you use a large lotsize together with a small increment you unnecessarily start out with a weighting that would require a very "long-lasting increment set of trades" to find its direction...

LCFX, TY for this opportunity to post with you. Hope this explains my thoughts...

ES

lcfxtrader:
ES,

How else would you set the TP or SL if the positions sizes are constantly changing? Help me to see your side of it. Let's work as a team. By all means anyone reading this please speak up.

Thanks,

LCFX

TFX v1_2

Here is v1_2.

Changes made in v1_2:

1. You need to save TFX_Include_v1_2 in your include folder. There is additional code in this file NOT in original file.

2. Close_By_Percent external variable.

-If true EA will close based on percentage of account BALANCE

-If false EA will close based on Close_By_Profit (enter a $ amount), or close by Close_By_Loss (enter a -$ amount)

3. Use_Manual_Entry external variable.

-If true you must enter Manuel_Long & Manuel_Short price you want EA to start cycle. (current price must be between Manuel_Long & Manuel_Short to execute properly)

-Manuel_Long & Manuel_Short are external variables to enter your "breakout" prices used to trigger the start of a cycle.

-Once a cycle is complete an alert will pop up notifying that you need to RESET EA and RESET MANUEL_LONG AND MANUEL SHORT.

-If Use_Manual_Entry is false EA will use the moving average to decide direction and start a cycle. Once a cycle is complete EA will immediately start a new cycle.

PLEASE take some time to read all external variable comments in the code.

Hope this works well for all.

Files:

RE_POST of v1_2

I re-posted v1_2 in previous post with a slight code change.

The problem was that if Use_Manual_Entry was set to false you would still get a pop-up alert stating that trade was disabled. The problem should be fixed now.

I am frustrated. I trade with IBFX...There are so many little problems with the order...like I just got a requote and that shuts down TFX...no more progressions. I have had to manually close TFX 100% of the time during these day's of testing from the very beginning until now, as while I am waiting for the progression there is always a little something that happens with an order error....

It's a shame, because the 0.01 lot increment is invincible....but the trade is longer in duration and can last over 24 hrs....with constant monitoring/execution by the EA.

why does the EA stop?..when there is an order interupption. Can't we beat IBFX at their own game?

wolfe, I know its a lot of work...but you got to direct the EA to interact with a text file...so that there is not an interupption...and so we can reboot our computers in the middle of a trade, when needed. The EA must be able to pick right back up where it left off.

I must stop testing now, until I here from you wolfe....also i need to know...am I the only one with this problem...anybody?

ES

Reason: