Piplite v1.0 - page 23

lron
lron  

Backtest

All,

For those trying to backtest, I've done it for you. Go here. This is important. Backtesting can be an art or it can be a hinderance. I backtested with the default settings of Piplite v3.0 and changed only the IBFXmicro to true for the IBFX test.

These three tests show that Piplite v3.0 works on a 4 decimal provider (FXDD), a 5 decimal provider (Tradeview) and a micro (penny a pip account, IBFX).

The Tradeview demo platform did not allow starting lot sizes less than .1 lots so I had to increase the tested amount size so the base lot size was above .1. For those that have ran into this issue before, you can call the broker you have a testing/demo platform for and they will change your demo account to allow trading down to the micro lot. I just didn't do that.

You will note that the risk is set at 5 and the account amounts are $2500. Note the base lot on the FXDD to be .01 and on IBFX to be around .1 (micro!).

Happy Trading

v/r

alex84
alex84  

thanks again Iron

Did you also run backtest on 2008 ? It may be interesting to see how the ea behaved during the hard months of october november december...

thanks

alex

bobsters
bobsters  

Hi Iron,

Thanks for the EA Backtests great in GBPUSD. I also tried EURUSD and it works fine on that too with the same settings (1st Jan to today), alpari 5 digit.

victor21
victor21  

Hi, Iron

Thanks for the reply, i understand that my risk is high, i just wanted to try but the drawdown are so big sometime ...

Thanks

saintmo
saintmo  
feline207
feline207  

so you are using piplite on m30 gbpusd? what about eurusd and what is the best timeframe for it

alex84
alex84  
feline207
feline207  

and how long does it take for piplite to open a trade when its set up.

jolinsz
jolinsz  

Piplite v3.0 Not trading

I have put the latest version on piplite on GBPUSD 30min with template. The smiley face is on. I've checked everything. I have had it on since Sunday night and no trades so far. Any suggestions?

feline207
feline207  
jolinsz:
I have put the latest version on piplite on GBPUSD 30min with template. The smiley face is on. I've checked everything. I have had it on since Sunday night and no trades so far. Any suggestions?

well it's the same thing here... as far as i understood from whats written on thechart, it trades between 21;00 and 9;00..is it ok or i should change something . now is 00;35 and it still hasn't open a trade. of course i assume that more time is needed but would be happy if someone expains what is happening for me to calm down thanks