Piplite v1.0 - page 10

As far as adding a time delay, I believe MARSI cross itself will prevent the fast moving market problem. The most recent backtest allows us to reduce the aRSI bars down to 10 and increase the profit skew to 8, up from 3.5. Equity Protection was never touched and profits grew steadily. I hate to add more cross checks as I think we might have found a good cross checking series of indicators from just basic MT4 indicators. I believe that incorporating the aRSI indicator into Piplite and removing Fisher will make this a more self-contained, reliable EA. Thoughts?

I think adding the time delay is best. Here is why. What I normally look for in an EA is what I call the "Doomsday Scenario." Basically, I look for the market conditions that would "defeat" the EA. I like the time delay because if the market was trending in our favor and suddenly news went against us, it would take some time for RSI over MA to kick in adding a number of orders. If time delay was added, only one order would be added before it would kick in.

I hope that makes sense.

As it is right now, the Doomsday on this EA would be trending against us, ranging adding more orders and continuing to trend against us a number of times. This would be highly unlikely but could happen. But the reward, IMHO, outweighs the risk so I would put money on this setup.

Thanks all for the hard work with this EA.

lron:
All,

Piplite is a bear to backtest but this simple addition from MIKEDUK created much better entries allowing us to move back to the aRSI as the primary entry decision backed up by the MARSI Cross. Fisher is really out of the picture now for trade entry so I might consider removing this option.

I'm afraid I cant take much credit for enhancements here, I only put the logic in, the idea came from HolyGuy!

Nice to see we have improved things though!

holyguy7:
I think adding the time delay is best. Here is why. What I normally look for in an EA is what I call the "Doomsday Scenario." Basically, I look for the market conditions that would "defeat" the EA. I like the time delay because if the market was trending in our favor and suddenly news went against us, it would take some time for RSI over MA to kick in adding a number of orders. If time delay was added, only one order would be added before it would kick in.

Hi Guys, please find attached a new version based on 1.6 with time delay. If it helps at all maybe Iron can merge it into the main code line.

There are 2 new params,

Use_Entry_Delay

Enable/Disable the time delay (true by default in this version)

Minimum_Entry_Delay

The minimum time delay in seconds between trades (default of 1200 but set to whatever)

Let me know how it goes!

Mike

Doubt

Hello everyone

I ask forgiveness for my English

I think the filter Marsi, is based in his home on an MA from RSI, however as it is applied on the MA is the real price of pair, i believe that the filter does not react as it should.

Orlando

Hello @ All

How exactly does the time filter work? Can you give an example for the dayhourmin format ?

Its better to trade the EUR/GBP and the EUR/CHF only in nighttime.

guys,

Having started testing piplite now, I would like to ask what are the settings in piplite that help to control risk?

For example in Blessings 2, we can control risk using Lots adjustment factor(LAF) and Multiplier.

How about piplite? Can we control the multiplier? In what situation would it blow and account?

Risk

Adjust your risk setting to get the lots down to .01 on $2500 for a standard account or .01 on a $250 mini to help prevent "blowout". By the way, you can't blowout your account with the Equity Protection feature set at 50%. At the most, you would lose 50%, not the whole account.

v/r

kwkee:
guys,

Having started testing piplite now, I would like to ask what are the settings in piplite that help to control risk?

For example in Blessings 2, we can control risk using Lots adjustment factor(LAF) and Multiplier.

How about piplite? Can we control the multiplier? In what situation would it blow and account?

lron:
Adjust your risk setting to get the lots down to .01 on $2500 for a standard account or .01 on a $250 mini to help prevent "blowout". By the way, you can't blowout your account with the Equity Protection feature set at 50%. At the most, you would lose 50%, not the whole account. v/r

How do you adjust risk setting? Do you mean setting 0.01 lots inside the lot size setting?

Also, what is the multiplier value inside piplite?

Adjust the MaximumRisk value. I set 4 for a $2500 account. That will give you .01 base lots. The multiplier is this:

if(MoneyMangement){

LotSize=AutoLot();

if(LotIncrement>0) LotIncrement=LotSize;

}

Lots = NormalizeDouble(LotSize + (LotIncrement * SellOrders), lotPrecision);

The more orders, the higher the next lot size....

v/r

kwkee:
How do you adjust risk setting? Do you mean setting 0.01 lots inside the lot size setting? Also, what is the multiplier value inside piplite?

lron:
Adjust the MaximumRisk value. I set 4 for a $2500 account. That will give you .01 base lots. The multiplier is this:

if(MoneyMangement){

LotSize=AutoLot();

if(LotIncrement>0) LotIncrement=LotSize;

}

Lots = NormalizeDouble(LotSize + (LotIncrement * SellOrders), lotPrecision);

The more orders, the higher the next lot size....

v/r

Hi Iron,

Thanks, this is very informative. While I could guess how Blessing work by reading your advance feature document and the settings inside, I find it a little hard to guess how Piplite works. But it is working great so far.

For the maximum risk, if I start with 1500 on a micro account (0.01 lot, 1 pip = 1 cent), should I leave the setting at 4?

Also, can I have two pairs (euro/gbp h1, usd/jpy h1) running piplite together? No magic number to set?

Reason: