QQE and gann hilo detailed
I deleted a whole bunch of info from post 1 or 2 inadvertently, if admins can do something about it, very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Can you post a template please so I can see all your settings.
Here's the template.
You also need 2 more indics :
- centre of gravity originally programmed by NG3110 (piece of art)
- signal bars info (originally programmed and modified for me by ccjjaa for which I am eternally grateful - free of charge)
Let me know if I forgot anything.
What is your criteria for exiting on Friday? Or in exiting any position?
For last Friday (and the last few Fridays), my criteria was simply fear of Sunday gaps (which are quite frequent and significant these days).
For the other exits, I try to secure small profit early in the trade - depending on the pair, this will range from between 5 - 10 pips, then I manually adjust my stop loss as the pair progresses.
The tests I will conduct if ever an EA is actually made will definitely include best exits depending on TF and pair. This will give us a "range" by which to set our goals (along with TPs and other parameters).
Currently I am eyeing eurchf short, close to gann crossing down and qqe as well, we shall see.
Hope this answers your question,
Very nice system. I would say you had a very productive sick day!!
ok, finally had a chance to look at this. If all you're using is gann and qqe, why all the clutter with other indis? Are you filtering with the COG?
In your post #2, it looks like you're saying you entered at the first vertical line, trailed your sl down, and exited and the second vertical line. But what about all the trades in the middle? There are several points where gann and qqe reversed.
1. The COG is something I use simply for general trend direction. Line in the middle is pivot and the green lines/yellow lines are support & resistance. You don't need to have that indic., I provided it because it's part of the template I posted here and if you use a template that calls an indic. that you don't have, you'll get ongoing error messages in the journal and that can cause your platform to be slowed down.
2. The ADX is something I use also for trend strength vs ranging market, but it's kinda lying around, I don't use it a lot, I am not finding it adds anything to what I already see on my charts.
3. The signal bars is not an indicator per se, I use it mostly to quickly see where the spreads are before entering a trade as well as having an idea of the various daily ranges (I monitor 28 pairs, for instance gbpaud's daily range yesterday was in the order of 1300 pips whereas eurchf was 121, so this helps me figure out the strength or volatily of each pair at a given period).
As for the trade in the example, as I explained to someone who pm'd me about it, yes there were other trades in between like you mention - opportunities I suppose, but since I had a great entry, I simply trailed it down until it showed signs of going up - and I meant to exit anyway as it was Friday afternoon and these days we have a lot of sunday gaps (plus the fact that there was a G7 meeting + the fact that markets are totally crazy these days).
And don't forget that in that example, we're looking at a 5 min chart. Can't remember what the 1H was saying but have a look at it for Friday - I don't think it had recrossed up (the gann I mean) until a bit after I exited.
Hope this answers and happy pips to you and all
Are these traded manually or via an EA?
Oops, I see you use the supernova EA, is it the same one from FF or did you modify it?