QQE and gann hilo detailed - page 2

Ms_Mel
Ms_Mel  

Yes, it's one of the first versions of supernova at FF. It was modified by a programmer friend to add things like parameterisable QQE and other stuff, which I tested at that time but for my current tests, I used the default settings anyway. I only have the ex4 version. But the important thing is it's the basic QQE parameters:

SF: 5

RSI: 14

DAR: 4.236

msbaa
msbaa  

Need help to convert mtf qqe to histogram

Hi Folks,

Need help to convert the attached MTF QQE indicator to histogram/bar.

Many thanks.

Files:
rretch
rretch  

Gann Hi-lo Activator

Greetings,

Do you guys think it would be possible to incorporate a sound and visual alert to the Gann Hi-lo indicator? So, for example, when price closes above the Gann line....'boom' sound alert. Same for price closing below the Gann line....though with a different sound....maybe a sound like your house is on fire.

This and the MACD are my only two indicators and it would be great if it would wake me up since I trade the hourly.

If it is possible, would anyone be kind to code it? I can clean a dogs ass better than I can code.....it's pretty sad.

thanks for reading and your time.

robert

Todd
Todd  

I like the gann too. Can you show me a chart how you use it on the 1hour? I like it for the 5 minute off a pivot. Thanks

fxbs
fxbs  
rretch
rretch  
Todd:
I like the gann too. Can you show me a chart how you use it on the 1hour? I like it for the 5 minute off a pivot. Thanks

Todd,

I basically use Gann as a tool to let me know that a 'consolidation' period has just ended. "Most" of the time, when price crosses the Gann line, (and the MACD confirms it) it tells me that the consolidation is over and that a new leg is about to begin. But, this in mind, I keep an eye out to make sure the new leg is still part of a 'smaller' Elliott Wave or ABC pattern. If the Gann fails to make a new high (in a long position) I usually try to find a new wave pattern forming.

If you take a look at the hourly on AUD/JPY, you'll notice that the Gann line clearly points out the start of Wave 1 around 7/2/09 and the ending of the Wave (Wave 5) around 7/8/09. The hourly shows a very weak 'ABC' ending to this Elliott Wave. Anyway, in the image I posted you'll see how the Gann on the hourly points out Wave legs pretty well.

The last two weeks with the EUR/USD and GBP/USD has been difficult with the Gann though....since it seems that these two pairs have moved with some serious sideways action. I've been trading the 5 minute chart for the last two weeks on these pairs.

I guess, in a manner of speaking, I use it like people may use the Kelter and Bollinger Bands (as a squeeze) to show consolidation/expansion.

-robert

Files:
gann.jpg  131 kb
pavaka
pavaka  

?

Is it a Gann in your pocket...or you are just happy to see me?

CityTrader
CityTrader  

Bit lost...

Hi Ms_Mel,

Been reading up on Gann quite a bit lately ... you have several indicators listed as attachements on this thread ... which ones do I need to use and how do I install. - Bit of a newbie to MT4.

Thanks

seqential
seqential  

Gann Hi-Low (LB 10) and QQE (5) agree ALL the time on the GBPUSD H1. I ended up removing QQE because it doesn't make sense to have two indicators that tell you the same thing.

abraham67
abraham67  

qqe how to use

can any body kindly explaine to me how to use the qqe im new to this qqe and what is the best compination with it