Fast Fourier Transform - Cycle Extraction - page 74

My data is 5 days from Pepperstone. Having Sunday data will give you different results from mine as will different broker feeds. You should use your data including the Sunday bar. The idea is that using the cross-hair will give you a way to be consistent across different time frames.

hughesfleming:
My data is 5 days from Pepperstone. Having Sunday data will give you different results from mine as will different broker feeds. You should use your data including the Sunday bar. The idea is that using the cross-hair will give you a way to be consistent across different time frames.

Thanks for explanation

hughesfleming:
Of course there are limitations here. We are looking at one cycle and using the tools available within metatrader. There are other tools which allow you to go much deeper but just because you can, does not mean that you will get a better result. Once you have the longer cycles in place, you will then have to drop to lower time frames and use statistical tools to determine if price has moved enough in the context of time to change direction.

Best luck to all,

Alex

P.S Dear mladen, any chance we can have more time to edit past posts? A couple of hours would be great!

hughesfleming

Will pass your request to site developers and owners and we shall see what do they decide

regards

hughesfleming

The editing time is now extended to 3 hours. They tell me that it is the maximum that will be allowed (to avoid some fake signals in posts and similar stuff - like deleting the contents of posts from months back simply to cover traces of what was done)

Thanks mladen, that is very helpful.

Kind regards,

Alex

hughesfleming:

Alex

Thanks for your time and efforts and explanations

It's really very useful

Regards

Your welcome Secretcode.

hughesfleming:
Take the cross-hair tool and hold down the right mouse button and drag the cross-hair between those pivot points. You will see that that swing had a lifespan of 136 days. In order to create a valid projection line we need to look at the last largest swing so that we can have a better chance of evaluating what is happening on the current swing.

Rule 1: Multiply 136 by 4 = 544 for trough to peak in this case or if your are measuring peak to peak, multiply the result by 2.

544 days will ensure that we have enough bars to start the analysis. Using 500+ bars has advantages as it allows us examine several well known natural cycles that exist in financial markets. Here it is important to make the distinction between calendar days and days within metatrader without weekends. The most important ones are the 584 day Venus cycle (417 bars), the 365 day annual cycle (261 bars) and the 40 week cycle will be familiar to those who have studied Hurst (200 bars). In order validate the existence of these cycles we will add a Goerzel Browser to our chart with a 544 day window.

Alex

Thanks for insightful explanation

Just one confusion ...how to set Goertzel Browser with 544 period ( where do i put 544 period input in Goertzel Browser indicator ) ?

Or there may be a different version of Goertzel Browser i have !

Set MaxPer. You might have to drag your chart to the right to load more data otherwise you will get an error. My version is the standard version but I disabled the projection line. I am only interested in the numbers.

On long cycles you are much better off using the indicator how mladen set it up. On shorter cycles I would recommend detrending ie. on cycles less than 70 periods but these are just my preferences. I am always cross checking the cycles outside of metatrader but it is very convenient to have something that works in real time without having to export data.

hughesfleming:
Set MaxPer. You might have to drag your chart to the right to load more data otherwise you will get an error. My version is the standard version but I disabled the projection line. I am only interested in the numbers. On long cycles you are much better off using the indicator how mladen set it up. On shorter cycles I would recommend detrending ie. on cycles less than 70 periods but these are just my preferences. I am always cross checking the cycles outside of metatrader but it is very convenient to have something that works in real time without having to export data.

Thanks Alex for quick response

Reason: