Everything about RSI - page 132

Melajah_Forex:

Can you point me which one is your prefer PLEASE......... 

For example this one is simple enough

This post needs some explanation ...

One might ask : "what do we need one more rsi for?" ...

First it came to my attention that two RSI types (Cuttler's RSI and Haris' RSI) are, in the way they are calculated, asymmetric. The things is that when there are strong trends up, both of those are calculating values that are biased, and not as usual. But, then, it turned out that all the rest of RSI types (including the Wilders' original rsi) are having the same problem.

This version of RSI includes all the 6 types of RSI that are correcting that problem. And, just in order not to post a bare RSI, added some extras (multi time frame, multi symbols, prices, filters, floating levels, alerts ...) to make it a bit more useful

Files:

One more additional explanation :

When "Rapid RSI" and "Cuttler's RSI" are compared, it will turn out that they are same in values - in 99.99999999% of cases. The only difference between the two methods is the very last step of calculation, and that very last step is the cause for occasional differences. So, for that reason, I decided to leave the two methods as is (did not merge them) and to keep both methods as separate methods - but be advised that the differences are really very rare

mladen:

One more additional explanation :

When "Rapid RSI" and "Cuttler's RSI" are compared, it will turn out that they are same in values - in 99.99999999% of cases. The only difference between the two methods is the very last step of calculation, and that very last step is the cause for occasional differences. So, for that reason, I decided to leave the two methods as is (did not merge them) and to keep both methods as separate methods - but be advised that the differences are really very rare

Dearest MLADEN

Thanks for this ver with extensive features included,

do you means this is a totally different (calculated method wise) ver than all the previously coded versions of rsi (all 6),along with results wise ? do i assume it a corrected and updated rsi for now ?

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

Thanks for this ver with extensive features included,

do you means this is a totally different (calculated method wise) ver than all the previously coded versions of rsi (all 6),along with results wise ? do i assume it a corrected and updated rsi for now ?

regards

mntiwana

No, no. It is not totally different. All the 6 cases are different in the extreme cases - in usual usage it means 1 in a 1000 cases when it will be different

mladen:
For example this one is simple enough

Thank you mladen

I hope you don't mind make the histogram version like " https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/exclusive/9182-requests-ideas/page114#comment_1816862 "  and Please with the alerts too

Regards 

Melajah_Forex:

Thank you mladen

I hope you don't mind make the histogram version like " https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/exclusive/9182-requests-ideas/page114#comment_1816862 "  and Please with the alerts too

Regards 

Try out this one (3 types of display)

Is there an RSI on price chart indicator? So that I am able to attach any indicators to it on my price chart like ma's or whatever. I guess it would look like a line chart

and preferably so that the indicators are not merely put onto a candlestick price chart but rather attached as an overlay to what the rsi is currently doing and its levels and bounces etc.

tomj22:
Is there an RSI on price chart indicator? So that I am able to attach any indicators to it on my price chart like ma's or whatever. I guess it would look like a line chart

tomj22

Check this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177347/page29

Reason: