Waddah Attar Win Expert - page 31

I'm kind of thick when it come to reading between the lines.

With SmartStep do you mean you want the EA to check if there are x amount of orders then increase the Step on placing the next orders and if the Step gets increased then also increase the IncLot amount ??

Meaning if I only have 4 orders then Step 15/0.01/0.01 will do but if more orders are opened then if > 5 orders increase those orders Step to 18 and also increase the IncLots by some amount ??

Just trying to figure out what you need the EA to do here.

Matrixebiz

matrixebiz...by the way you are not thick...

It is me...Many people over the years state that I am confusing...this is a fact....too many people have told me...

I try real hard to write clearly and I am getting better.

Coders are special and one needs to post to them in a special way, as it is another world.

ES

matrixebiz,

There are two things needed. Just concentrate on one for now. We can get to the other one later.

Just make an IncStep where the user can enter in a number...just like in IncLot.

The number specifies how much wider to make each subsequent step.

for example

If you have a Step 5 and an IncStep of 1 ....you will get the opening gap 10 pips wide as usual then when one side gets hit the pending order will be 6 pips away...then 7 pips and so on....

This is not any different than IncLot....

for example

In IncLot we get the FirstLot of the user input...lets say 5

then if you have an IncLot of 1 your next pending order will be 6...then 7....and so on...

ES

P.S. Naturally the user can put zero's in IncLot and IncStep (the default) and there will be no increases...

This is what the next setfile will look like for a 2K IBFX mini-account using EUR/USD & USD/CHF with the v1.2 win EA on both pairs and the Closeall-PL PcntMargin 1.2 EA set at 75:

Work-In-Progress not available yet

Step: 12

IncStep: 1

FirstLot: 0.01

IncLot: 0.01

MinProfit: 1000.0 (I set this huge as I override it with a close all EA)

Slippage: 5

wolfey....its all here...everything you need.

Let me be your Satsang (see the pictures)

ES

wolfe:
A martingale EA that actually may work! I'll follow with interest! I've been down this road before.

Hi, ES, what is the logic of this EA, please, I mean how it works?

Just closes all when margin % reach lowest 75 level? In this case you loose a lot from your balance.....Please explain...Thanks

matrixebiz:
I guess I could or you could if you want but anyway here is another version with some more mods; Please test

MODS made to original CloseAll-PL EA;

Changed TP ($Profit) from being exact set dollar amount to sliding Percent of Margin

Changed values displayed on chart to be 2 decimal places

Added Slippage to close orders

Fixed an issue with Pending orders closing when 0 Margin

Try this ea

Hi ElectricSavant,

Give this ea a try with the IncStep. Seems to work ok.

And Try this

Even with the IncStep I am not happy.

Please try the attached ea which has a significant change to the logic and has less drawdown. It does sells only as a test ea but I would be interested in your opinion. Best use the backtester, I know you don't like it but you will have to grin and bear it.

Files:

Hello,

I will try to explain.

This is a price action EA and there is not any use of indicators. You do need to predict direction or evaluate trend. The open order is the result of a user input and there is a gap created around the current price and one could say that it is a breakout open. After the opening entry (the first trade) the EA takes over and pending orders form a grid in advance of the price movement and a position is established. The TP uses a multipication of the margin used....the default value of 75 has no meaning as to margin used, but uses the growing number to achive a value for TP. When using this EA on two pair with prices that move opposite from one another you can get the hedge effect.

ES

P.S. this is just one way to explain it and I am very confusing in the way that I write....perhaps someone here that understands the EA, can write it from another angle.

dragosd1:
Hi, ES, what is the logic of this EA, please, I mean how it works? Just closes all when margin % reach lowest 75 level? In this case you loose a lot from your balance.....Please explain...Thanks

Thanks Waltini for your work. I will try the new IncStep and this new box EA....I do not know how to backtest, so you will need to be patient with me and wait for me to forward test. Do I install this test EA on EUR/USD and USD/CHF? does the TF matter?....

ES

waltini:
Even with the IncStep I am not happy. Please try the attached ea which has a significant change to the logic and has less drawdown. It does sells only as a test ea but I would be interested in your opinion. Best use the backtester, I know you don't like it but you will have to grin and bear it.
Reason: