Daily data - page 6

mladen:
Displaying time left of the current bar is a completely different problem (the problem is that indicator(s) do bot work if ticks are not coming in and that way you can not know the exact time till the candle expires)

Solution is to make an EA instead, but one version working like that one I posted in the elite section so I can not post it here too (it would not be fair for elite section members)

regards

Mladen

Thanks for the quick response. No problem whatsoever. I have another indi for candle time.

Have a great day

TCT

TCT

Glad that you have that solved.

Just as an example see this : red number near the daily candle means that the current chart candle was late (in this case 1 minute bar is 37 seconds late ). That is what I was talking about when telling that the indicators can not be used as timers (in metatrader 5 they can, for example, by declaring a simple 1 second timer, but in metatrader 4 Sleep function which can be used as a timer supplement is disabled in indicators, so it can not be used in indicators, only in EAs and scripts) and they can not show time if broker is not dispatching ticks

trendchangetrader:
Thanks for the quick response. No problem whatsoever. I have another indi for candle time.

Have a great day

TCT
Files:
osma_1.gif  29 kb

Hi Mladen, can you show me how can i increase the size of the candle? (line in the code)

Thanks in advance

Files:
dayly.jpg  111 kb

gorangel

When you are on daily chart, candle (and the indicator) is showing weekly data. You can not make the candle bigger (the length of it) since that is what the current weekly data is, If I understand correctly what are you trying to do you can change the appearance of the candle (in colors you can change the width of candle wick and body, just change the width of the lines)

gorangel:
Hi Mladen, can you show me how can i increase the size of the candle? (line in the code) Thanks in advance

Thanks for your quick response!

mladen:
TCT

Just as an example see this : red number near the daily candle means that the current chart candle was late (in this case 1 minute bar is 37 seconds late ). That is what I was talking about when telling that the indicators can not be used as timers (in metatrader 5 they can, for example, by declaring a simple 1 second timer, but in metatrader 4 Sleep function which can be used as a timer supplement is disabled in indicators, so it can not be used in indicators, only in EAs and scripts) and they can not show time if broker is not dispatching ticks

aha... now I'm clear... I only use candletime when trading h4 tf... simply to give me a quick and dirty view of how much time I have between next decision. When your life is on Eastern Time U.S. and your job is on European Time things like this help us sleep deprived souls.

mladen:
TCT

hi, can anyone share the indicator which Mladen provided on the picture?...not the one showing daily data the one with support and resistance lines!!!!

It is a one kind of a regression channel ...

Some more useful info about similar kind of calculations can be found here for example : Polynomial regression

PS: it was not my intention to post the picture of it so I apologize for it (since that indicator is a part of other TSD section) I usually post pictures of only the relevant stuff, but this time it was an omission of that rule

regards

Mladen

forexdreamer:
hi, can anyone share the indicator which Mladen provided on the picture?...not the one showing daily data the one with support and resistance lines!!!!

mladen:
It is a one kind of a regression channel ... Some more useful info about similar kind of calculations can be found here for example : Polynomial regression

PS: it was not my intention to post the picture of it so I apologize for it (since that indicator is a part of other TSD section) I usually post pictures of only the relevant stuff, but this time it was an omission of that rule

They can be easily removed....

Why should they be removed once the question was asked? On that picture I was not looking for some indicator setups but in that moment it was showing (the daily data) a rather uncommon situation when a bar is late so much and if I was to remove the indicator first and then catch the picture almost sure the condition would have gone ... so ... posted that picture as is

And in a case if I remove the original message, in that case a question should be removed too, and why should it be done when not a single rule of good behavior was broken? Check the rest of my posts for pictures where some indicator not related to the post is shown ... as far as I am aware of I am not spamming :):)

ZIGANI:
They can be easily removed....
Reason: