Daily data - page 11

mladen on almost all Your screenshots we can see a nice indi in the riight upper corner with swap prices did You maybe uploaded it somewhere ?

Lupus28:
mladen on almost all Your screenshots we can see a nice indi in the riight upper corner with swap prices did You maybe uploaded it somewhere ?

At this same thread

Daily data that avoids one possible problem with the new metatrader 4 : dailydata_1.03.mq4

Files:

Daily data version that avoids the current bug with new metatrader 4 and labels : dailydata_nmc.mq4

It will work OK with future builds too (unless they mess it up completely)

Files:

mladen:
Daily data version that avoids the current bug with new metatrader 4 and labels : dailydata_nmc.mq4 It will work OK with future builds too (unless they mess it up completely)

Hello Dear Mladen,Please, explain to me briefly. I wanted all the time to ask, but forgot. Swap long,short..Why it? What advantage of it?

Air92:
Hello Dear Mladen,Please, explain to me briefly. I wanted all the time to ask, but forgot. Swap long,short..Why it? What advantage of it?

The thing is simple :

Usually brokers are trying to stimulate traders to take positions that are in minority (more or less, they are best of when there is 50-50 short to long positions ratio). So, in those cases they tend to give more favorable swaps for the positions side that is bellow 50%. Then, we can use it as a kind of a volume indicator (real volume indicator) : the higher swap (and the bigger the relative difference is) the lower volume in positions for that side of trading for that broker is (we can not conclude about the global volumes though, for known reasons)

mladen:
The thing is simple : Usually brokers are trying to stimulate traders to take positions that are in minority (more or less, they are best of when there is 50-50 short to long positions ratio). So, in those cases they tend to give more favorable swaps for the positions side that is bellow 50%. Then, we can use it as a kind of a volume indicator (real volume indicator) : the higher swap (and the bigger the relative difference is) the lower volume in positions for that side of trading for that broker is (we can not conclude about the global volumes though, for known reasons)

If I understand correctly, the more volume in long, the high probability, what the price will develop on short?

P.S. If you tell that it is better for me to find about it literature and not to get you questions - I will understand

Air92:
If I understand correctly, the more volume in long, the high probability, what the price will develop on short? P.S. If you tell that it is better for me to find about it literature and not to get you questions - I will understand

Let say it this way :

swap long +1

swap short -1

That usually means that volume for short positions is much bigger than for long positions. And vice versa. See the swaps for EURUSD at amoment : they are almost on all brokers the same. Meaning : volumes are roughly the same (so no wonder that we are having a ranging market today)

mladen:
Let say it this way :
swap long +1

swap short -1

That usually means that volume for short positions is much bigger than for long positions. And vice versa

I understood it. Thank you.

Interesting statements "Currency swaps were originally done to get around exchange controls." and "It is considered to be a foreign exchange transaction and is not required by law to be shown on a company's balance sheet."

Reason: