Signal Transmitter/Receiver! - page 7

I can't believe that nobody has talked about the MT4 trade copier by Terranin, programmer for Forex Tester Software - Professional Forex Training. Teach yourself forex trading..

The copier has been stable for a year or so and is available at sites like download.com and tucows.

fxtrader625:
If an EA can run on a read-only account (to read signals), then I am afraid that it's possible to copy trades from....

So the best way is?

Because I think if there is trade copier that dont need investor password it could be the best way to sell EA.

heartnet:
So the best way is? Because I think if there is trade copier that dont need investor password it could be the best way to sell EA.

I think I have misunderstood about posting investor password.

Kamper has posted a question if sharing an investor password to people, using TradeSwitch dll library, they could then have real-time access to every trade that was made?

The Answer is NO. The TradeSwitch.dll doesn't send messages to another machine. It doesn't contain internet resources. It works only with Registry under this folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TradeSwitch\Signals to write or read messages in different subfolders.

All MT4 instances within SAME machine (and using SAME registry), running TradeSwitch library, have access to these registry folder to read or to write signals.

The posted TradeSwitch.zip contains also source codes, written in C++ and a Visual Studio 2005 solution.

Jeff

fxtrader625:
I think I have misunderstood about posting investor password.

Kamper has posted a question if sharing an investor password to people, using TradeSwitch dll library, they could then have real-time access to every trade that was made?

The Answer is NO. The TradeSwitch.dll doesn't send messages to another machine. It doesn't contain internet resources. It works only with Registry under this folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TradeSwitch\Signals to write or read messages in different subfolders.

All MT4 instances within SAME machine (and using SAME registry), running TradeSwitch library, have access to these registry folder to read or to write signals.

The posted TradeSwitch.zip contains also source codes, written in C++ and a Visual Studio 2005 solution.

Jeff

Hi Jeff

Let me try to clarify as I think it may work ok?

1) I give you the investor password to my live MT4 platform.

2) You install same MT4 on your computer and login using my Acc# and Investor password.

3) Load the EA on the Account with the investor password and your MT4 platform.

4) Both are now on the same machine.

5) When I place a trade, the Acc with the investor password will see it and it will then be copied to your MT4 platform.

Would a scenario like that not work, or does it have to be the original platform where the trade is placed?

Thanks

Wayne

KaMpeR:
Hi Jeff

Let me try to clarify as I think it may work ok?

1) I give you the investor password to my live MT4 platform.

2) You install same MT4 on your computer and login using my Acc# and Investor password.

3) Load the EA on the Account with the investor password and your MT4 platform.

4) Both are now on the same machine.

5) When I place a trade, the Acc with the investor password will see it and it will then be copied to your MT4 platform.

Would a scenario like that not work, or does it have to be the original platform where the trade is placed?

Thanks

Wayne

In my opinion, that would work, if an EA could run on an account with investor password, reading only trades, and yes, it could then send messages via TradeSwitch to another MT4 platform to copy trades.

The advantage of this should be that the trades are maybe faster copied than via signal service website like RAS.

Question is then how the signals should be paid, as the trades are directly copied between platforms?

I guess in my case I'd be happy to charge a flat monthly fee and change the "Investor" password every month, so that people would have to pay the monthly fee to get the new password?

Something along those lines could be good enough if one did not charge a fee based on profits?

Thanks

Wayne

KaMpeR:
I guess in my case I'd be happy to charge a flat monthly fee and change the "Investor" password every month, so that people would have to pay the monthly fee to get the new password?

Something along those lines could be good enough if one did not charge a fee based on profits?

Thanks

Wayne

It would be great to charge a flat monthly fee directly to buyers and provide them the "Investor" password every month, as there are no intermediate persons like RAS deducting commissions.

About your last sentence, I don't understand what you are meaning about. Can you explain more about it?

Jeff

Hi Jeff

Purely that as long as one charges a "flat" fee per month instead of a fee based on commission or volume of trades, then it will be fine.

Thanks

Wayne

KaMpeR:

Thanks

Wayne

Kamper,

Maybe I a bit blur but let say you give a customer Investor Password doesnt he can share with other which means other dont need to pay.

Am I right?

heartnet:
Kamper,

Maybe I a bit blur but let say you give a customer Investor Password doesnt he can share with other which means other dont need to pay.

Am I right?

Yes, I guess you are, but then I'd rather trust the person until he gives me a reason not to.

If I find this happening I will then stop signals to that person by not giving them the new password?

Cheers

Wayne

Reason: