Cable Ambush - page 7

Cable Ambush V

Version 5 of the Cable Ambush strategy includes two interesting features:

1. variable position sizing for scaling out. I.e. when the first profit target is reached (previous session high/low) we liquidate 50% of the open position; when the second profit target is reached (Fib 1.272 extension) we liquidate another 30% of the original position; when the third profit target is reached (Fib 1.618 extension) we liquidate the remaining 20%.

2. I included SpikeStopLoss=50. This is important as the EA is designed to activate stop-loss (that is not visible to the broker) only when the current bar close below/above the stop level. If news is out, we may experience 100 pips move, before the current bar closes. SpikeStopLoss closes the position it the market touches the (default) 50-pip stop loss.

The (currently) correct settings for the GBPUSD pair are: JP_open=6; EU_open=13; US_open=15

This is on Alpari UK platform, on M30 chart time-frame.

Cheers, Kris

PS. attached are two files:

* Ambush_V.mq4 - the EA file

* Ambush_Fibs.mq4 - the underlying indicator file.

Files:

Cable Ambush V (equity curve)

This equity curve (GBPUSD) is not the best looking, but it is directionally correct...

Cheers, Kris

PS. forgive me for posting back test charts, rather than forward tests, but on my Alpari UK account I run multiple EA's, so the equity curve includes other strategies.

Files:

Thanks a lot.

I updated this post with new version https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page3

and already attached new version to the chart to forward test:

I only changed lot size to 0.1 (because may be ... someone will be interesting to use it with small deposit size so I changed lot size to 0.1) and I changed magic number because I am testing Ambush_III_GBP for EURUSD on the same Metatrader).

Files:

ND,

thank you for your research...

... and your forward testing services.

This new version is performing well now.

But it is too early to say something of course.

It is visual statements since 18th of September (and the statements for whole period of testing is attached as well):

Files:
Reason: