Cable Ambush - page 5

Thanks Tokarus,

I will keep testing Ambush_III_GBP version for GBPUSD and EURUSD as I am doing not. So far it is good performance. But it is one week only (statements attached).

And I will test next Ambush_IV_GBP version but I will wait for the settings for EURUSD.

Files:

Hi all,

Attached is the fourth generation of the Cable Ambush strategy. I have simplified some areas and re-optimised for the current market conditions.

NB! this strategy is optimised for the GBP/USD pair, running on H1 timeframe. It works well on Alpari UK broker platform... and not so well on others(?), but hey who am I to argue with the market.

Cheers, Kris

PS. Attached also Optimisation Report

I started Ambush_III_GBP already for 2 pairs. I will drop if this pair will loss a lot. Because the reason of my testing is not show good profit. The reason is about how the pairs are performing with particular settings. By the way, for EURUSD is +177 pips closed and for GBPUSD -5 pips closed this week.

Because the performance is calculating per pair so it means that GBPUSD is testing separatedly from EURUSD irrespective of. I am doing the statements per pair separatedly.

If EURUSD will loss a lot so I will stop testing EURUSD, or start with new settings, or start to test the other settings for EURUSD simultaniously with old ones in one Metatrader.

Because I am calculating the profit/loss in pips/in deposit currency per every single pair irrespective of how many pairs are testing in one Metatrader.

-----------------

Of course, I will start to test Ambush_IV_GBP version when you posted the settings for EURUSD as well (or just say that it is for one pair only). Anyway I will wait with Ambush_IV_GBP version testing.

ND,

If I may suggest, I would drop the EUR?USD from your test.

In my tests I am battling to find a consistently profitable set of parametres for this currency pair. See attached (optimized equity curve).

I will look into other pairs.

Cheers, Kris

Files:

And it is EA I am using with default settings (for Alpari UK MetaTrader which is GMT +2 right now) for GBPUSD and EURUSD, H1 timeframe.

Do not forget indicator from this post.

Files:

One trade was closed today:

For EA/settings/pairs etc go to this post.

Files:

newdigital:
...For EA/settings/pairs etc go to this post.

Updated statement for Ambush_III_GBP EA.

Swiss Ambush

I have devised a new version of the Ambush (version V) and I am getting positive results on the CHF, M30 timeframe.

The difference is that my partial exits are of different weight, reducing the risk of this strategy, enabling me to increase the position sizing.

When we get a long signal we open three positions of equal size (1/3 of the total position each). In the new (attached) EA these are variable [default set to 50/30/20%].

The logic is as follows... Since the first (closest) target has the highest probability of being achieved we allocate 50% of the total position size to it. The second target has a lower probability of being hit, so we reduce the position size to 30% of the total position. The third target has the lowest probability of being hit so we allocate only 20% of the total position.

Attached please find an equity curve for optimised strategy for the Swiss Franc.

Cheers, Kris

Files:

newdigital:
I am testing Ambush_III_GBP EA for GBPUSD and EURUSD (H1 timeframe) since 09 of June this year:

EURUSD: +172 pips closed. +16 pips is open now.

GBPUSD: -154 pips closed. +17 pips is open now.

And Ambush_V_CHF EA for USDCHF, M30 timeframe, testing since 15 of June this year:

USDCHF: - 149 pips. no any trades are open now.

I understand this Ambush system as the system for long run because it is impossible to say anything based on 1 week testing: the equity is floating up and down every day all the time and it is necessary to make the conclusion (or to change the settings) based on at least 1 months forward testing results. Because I think that the profit/loss should be calculated monthly (not weekly) for such a systems. Because you see -149 pips for USDCHF for 1 week? So, according my understand: it's nothing for this system as equity will be always up and down all the time. I think, the monthly results can tell us something.

Ambush_III_GBP EA, H1 timeframe:

GBPUSD this week: +215 pips.

GBPUSD total since 09 of June this year: -33 pips.

EURUSD this week: -45 pips.

EURUSD total since 09 of June this year: +88 pips.

Ambush_V_CHF EA for USDCHF, M30 timeframe:

USDCHF this week: -44 pips.

USDCHF total since 15 of June this year: -193 pips.

-----------

All the settings/EAs/timeframe for all Cable Ambush versions you will find on this post a the links.

I am testing Ambush_III_GBP EA for GBPUSD and EURUSD (H1 timeframe) since 09 of June this year:

EURUSD: +172 pips closed. +16 pips is open now.

GBPUSD: -154 pips closed. +17 pips is open now.

And Ambush_V_CHF EA for USDCHF, M30 timeframe, testing since 15 of June this year:

USDCHF: - 149 pips. no any trades are open now.

I understand this Ambush system as the system for long run because it is impossible to say anything based on 1 week testing: the equity is floating up and down every day all the time and it is necessary to make the conclusion (or to change the settings) based on at least 1 months forward testing results. Because I think that the profit/loss should be calculated monthly (not weekly) for such a systems. Because you see -149 pips for USDCHF for 1 week? So, according my understand: it's nothing for this system as equity will be always up and down all the time. I think, the monthly results can tell us something.

Reason: