Cable Ambush

Attached please find my Cable Ambush strategy. In essence, it uses Fibonacci retracements (0.382 & 0.618) as entry levels and Fibonacci extensions (1.000, 1.272 & 1.618) as multiple/scaling-out exits.

What is different about this strategy? Well, I split the trading day into three sessions: TYO, LON & NYC. Then I project previous session's HH & LL levels over the current session and I derive the Fib levels:

* 0.382 .. 0.618 - (solid yellow lines) the Ambush Zone;

* 0.000 .. 1.000 - (silver dotted lines) first profit target - previous session's highest high (HH) and lowest low (LL);

* -1.272 .. +1.272 - second profit target - fib extensions;

* -1.618 .. +1.618 - third profit target - fib extensions.

We enter the trade when the market retraces to the Ambush Zone and then breaks-out either up or down. Profit targets are fib extensions as described above.

Initial stop-loss is the Close on the other side of the Ambush Zone. When the profit targets are hit we move our stop-loss to break-even stop+1pip.

I have a working indicator and an EA, but I am battling to take it to the next level. The indicator has one serious limitation, it can be used ONLY on the H1 timeframe. It crashes the MT4 platform if one changes the chart timeframe.

It is based on David Willis' work on The_Only_Pivot, but David is currently not in the position to help.

So, I am looking for a willing and able developer that would be willing to work with me on this project.

Cheers, Kris

NB.

Ambush_Fibs.mq4 - Indicator file

Ambush_IV_GBP.mq4 - Expert Advisor file

The stray returns a modest profit, 10-20% over a quarter, but it can be improved further. attached is the back-test (3-months) and forward-test (1-month).

By the way, the strategy is designed on the IBFX broker (operates at GMT time-zone). If you use broker with the trading platform set to different time-zone, please adjust the market sessions opening time (Tokyo = 2h00 GMT, London = 8h00 GMT, NYC = 13h00 GMT).

Also, you can play with opening times to optimise the performance. For example on the TradeView platform, I get best results with 8h00, 11h00 & 15h00. Try it for yourself.

To check the broker time-zone, you can use the following indicator.

Cheers, Kris

Files:
clock_v12.mq4  17 kb

Euro Ambush EA

I am forward-testing Euro Ambush and Cable Ambush (previously published) on the same account. Unfortuately, I am experiencing some power-cuts in my area and my forward test is typically interrupted 2 days per week (!?)

See attached:

* Euro_Ambush_20080425.htm / .gif - back-test results from 2-Jan-2008 to 25-Apr-2008

* Ambush_FT_20080425.htm / .gif - forward-test results from 7-Apr-2008 to 25-Apr-2008

Cheers, Kris

PS. I will post the indicator and the EA on a separate post, because of the forum limitation allowing to attach max 5 files.

This version of the EA is optimised for EUR/USD pair, traded via the TradeView Forex.

* Ambush_Euro_v1.mq4 - EA file

* Ambush_Euro_H1.mq4 - Indicator file

Please note that this indicator works only on the H1 timeframe. It crashes MT4 on any other timeframe. I would appreciate if one of the developers on this forum had a look at the indicator code and correct it for us.

Cheers, Kris

Files:

Thanks for this one.

Ambush EA

My Ambush strategy now includes three pairs: GBP, EUR and CHF.

Below are the current forward test results.

Cheers, KRis

Yes.

The problem is the bar counting I guess. I have been playing for an hour without solution.

Thanks very much for looking into it.

The Ambush strategy seems to be holding on to its profits, but it didn't make much progress over the last few days.

Cheers, Kris

I'm not an expert coder but by looking the code it's like you interpret the session for 24 hours.

int limit = Bars-counted_bars;

if(limit>Bars-24){limit=Bars-24;}

When we move to another timeframe candles needs to be recalculated to complete a full day.

We have 1440 1 minute candles for one day as we have 24 hourly candles for one day.

1440/Timeframe would give you exactly the needed candles to calculate the session.

1440/5 minutes says you need 288 candles to complete a day.

1440/30 minutes says you need 60 candles to complete a day and so on.

I'm using this calculation for mi pivots indicators.

Reason: