This is supposed to be 99% positive. - page 3

I get "EURUSD Breakout v0.2 EURUSDFXF,M5: OrderSend error 131"

lolpie:
I get "EURUSD Breakout v0.2 EURUSDFXF,M5: OrderSend error 131"

Could be a couple of things.

1.) Have you got enough starting cash? $10,000 would be a good start or reduce the lot size.

2.) Probably best to use a standard broker account like "Alpari" as the format of the pips is sometimes important such as 4 decimal points instead of the 5 you get with some brokers.

Other than those two points, you shouldn't have a problem with it.

Regards,

mushy999:
Hope you like.

Azmel, Not sure if my coding of the lot size increase is right.? Wasn't sure how to do this.

EUR/USD. Take profit 80, Stop loss 1000, High periods 65.

Regards,

Man, look at that drawdown!

forexmoments:
Man, look at that drawdown!

Give this a go. I've made lots of modifications. :-)

Leave all the default settings and apply to EUR/USD 5M.

Regards :-)

Anybody for a 6.97% DD?

mushy999:

Hi All.

I've been testing the EURUSD as suggested. I have found that the higher the TF the lower the DD. Mind you, these tests are for the first quarter. I have attached a single statement but I have others which I will post later. Shouldn't this EA be tested on other pairs as well since the EURUSD has been increasing and this EA is going long only?

Can you modify the EA to place Sell orders as well?

So far so good.

Regards,

mushy999:

from where comes that the orders must be closed after 310000 ticks ??? (counter2 is incremented at each tick).

Also, this is not a real breakout, as you compare the Ask price with High100 (the highest high of the 100 last bars) + 1 point, but High100 is a Bid price ! You should use if(Bid > High100 + Point ...) even if you buy at Ask price.

Also, why to open 20 orders at the same time ?

GoingForward:
Hi All.

I've been testing the EURUSD as suggested. I have found that the higher the TF the lower the DD. Mind you, these tests are for the first quarter. I have attached a single statement but I have others which I will post later. Shouldn't this EA be tested on other pairs as well since the EURUSD has been increasing and this EA is going long only?

Can you modify the EA to place Sell orders as well?

So far so good.

Regards,

Does this EA only go long? Or can it be programmed to go short, too?

More test results

Hi

Here are more results. The TF and TP are part of the file name...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Does this EA only go long? Or can it be programmed to go short, too?

Dreamliner: I have posed the same question and cannot offer an answer.

Regards,

Michel:
from where comes that the orders must be closed after 310000 ticks ??? (counter2 is incremented at each tick).

Also, this is not a real breakout, as you compare the Ask price with High100 (the highest high of the 100 last bars) + 1 point, but High100 is a Bid price ! You should use if(Bid > High100 + Point ...) even if you buy at Ask price.

Also, why to open 20 orders at the same time ?

I'm just on my way to work, but I'll try and answer a few of your questions quickly.

1.) Point taken with your breakout question so I should rename the EA :-).

2.) I open 20 orders as it tends to average out the risk and prodiuces a lower drawdown in the longterm. I plan to detect when the first order fails and then make some kind of a hedge in the future to limit losses, but that will come in the next month or so.

3.) The 310000 is to close orders where they have been open too long as this is usually due to being in a long term sideways movement or downtrend. It is much better for this system to close these and limit losses and start trading at a more realistic level. The difference this makes is phenominal.

4.) This could also be programmed to short too but not got around to this yet. I think ATR could be used to improve things and also a trailing stop could be used in some cases but this would have to be on the fly decision based on some other things Ihave discovered. In most cases a fixed stop is the answer.

Regards,

This EA should sell too. Could increase profitability quite a bit. It could close out all buys when it gets a valid sell signal.

Reason: