This is supposed to be 99% positive. - page 5

Bugs in the code still? Anything's possible! The source is there for everyone to check.

I think the real problem is in the assumptions made...

Maybe the opposite signal is not a good stop loss level.

Maybe 1 pip over/under the previous x bar high/low is not good enough confirmation of a breakout.

I stripped back the code so that it does not use MA or trailing stops, it purely uses your original rules. The results from my quick testing show that:

Testing from January 2007, there is a higher percentage of winning long trades than winning short trades. I put this down to the fact that EURUSD has been in long term uptrend during this period, so it is proving less successful to trade against that trend.

So I changed the code to only trade long.

Using a TP of 20 and SL of 700, you can achieve more than 99% winning trades and a profitable EA. Using a TP of 50 with the same SL gives the same number of losing trades, but fewer winning trades, so the percentage of wins is lower but the PF is higher.

HOWEVER any system that has such a huge risk to reward ratio is not a viable strategy, in my opinion.

Also you would need to change the EA when the long term market trend changes. I am unsure what performance would be like if the long term trend is flat.

I'm happy to post this version if anyone wants me to, it's very basic and easy to understand.

Longer TF

Anyone test this on H1, to see if it lowers DD further?

Tests

ChicagoRob:
Anyone test this on H1, to see if it lowers DD further?

Hi

I ran some which you will find in earlier posts but not on H1. If you do test on H1 please post the results for analysis.

Tks...

Reason: