This is supposed to be 99% positive.

Could someone please backtest this strategy for me. I am no good at creating EA's but I guess someone on here could do this very simply. I have been told that this strategy is better than anything out there and I must admit that the manual test I have done in Excel looks promising.

Here it is:

It's basically a 5 minute breakout system on GBP/USD. (not tested on other pairs yet).

Entry : Price breakout above the high plus 1 pip for the last 100 periods.

Downside protection :

Fixed Exit Pips: 2000

Limit Exit Pips: 5

And that's it.

I don't have any more info than that but basically that is supposed to be the system.

Regards,

mushy999:
Could someone please backtest this strategy for me. I am no good at creating EA's but I guess someone on here could do this very simply. I have been told that this strategy is better than anything out there and I must admit that the manual test I have done in Excel looks promising.

Here it is:

It's basically a 5 minute breakout system on GBP/USD. (not tested on other pairs yet).

Entry : Price breakout above the high plus 1 pip for the last 100 periods.

Downside protection :

Fixed Exit Pips: 2000

Limit Exit Pips: 5

And that's it.

I don't have any more info than that but basically that is supposed to be the system.

Regards,

Is fixed exit pips same as stop loss?

And what is the limit exit pips? Is that same as take profit?

aelimian:
Is fixed exit pips same as stop loss? And what is the limit exit pips? Is that same as take profit?

Hi, yes, fixed exit is stop loss and limit is take profit.

regards,

mushy999:
Hi, yes, fixed exit is stop loss and limit is take profit. regards,

Nice R/R ratio! You would achieve the same results just opening trades at random...

omelette:
Nice R/R ratio! You would achieve the same results just opening trades at random...

LOL, yeah, but I just tried it from 2001 to 2008 and not one drawdown. 1 drawdown would be equal to 2000, but the system is producing more return so if you spread this across all curreny pairs it should produce a steady return (albeit small).

Here are the stats:

607 PIPS

115 WINNERS

0 LOSERS

Jan 01, 2001

Apr 18, 2008

3 PIPS Spread

Dave137:
Moving Average?? Simple or Exponential??

This wasn't using an MA. It was simply trading after a high from the last 100 periods, however I just tried a 2 day sma breakout and it produces better results, now up to 870 pips trading long side only and no drawdowns yet. I will try other currency pairs as although it produces no drawdowns yet, they will appear and perhaps I can find one on the other currencies to get some feel of ratios. As stated earlier the R/R ratio is very bad.

Moving Average?? Simple or Exponential?? Also, many brokerage firms have a 10 pip minimum Take profit!

omelette:

Surely this has to go down as a winning system.

forexmoments:
Surely this has to go down as a winning system.

Hahaha, we've found the holy grail. Open at random and sell at random. lol

mushy999:
Hahaha, we've found the holy grail. Open at random and sell at random. lol

Its certainly a better method than most

zupcon:
Its certainly a better method than most

I have actually found another system that works well and have backtested as well as forward tested. It has a take profit of 25 and maximal drawdown of 225 but almost all tades are positive results and so the drawdown works out at 30% of overall profit which I think is good stats. If anyone's interested I can post here.

Reason: