Metatrader 5 coding questions / issues - page 26

apprentice coder:
OK. Thanks for the answer

It is similar to tradestation : tradestation rarely uses more than 1-2 thousand bars on a chart. If tradestation thinks that it is enough, than it probably is

morro:
It is similar to tradestation : tradestation rarely uses more than 1-2 thousand bars on a chart. If tradestation thinks that it is enough, than it probably is

In any normal trading a couple of thousand bars is all we need. Current results are going to be the same for 5.000 bars as well as for 500.000 bars : no need to load all that if you are trading. Checking the history is different thing, but that is done rarely - so no need to overload mt by loading too much history

No need to overload charts with history - useless top have 50.000 bars on chart

Hi, first of all I apologize for posting same request here but this thread may fit it better. I started working on backtesting indicator that is supposed to calculate wins and losses for binary options. I started with basic Bollinger Bands where you get call arrows or put arrows if price is out of bands. However I have never done anything in mql5 before and can't figure out how to make it work - I managed to plot Bollinger Bands but arrows don't appear at all and results are not working. Could someone take a look and possibly tell me how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

neverbeast:
Hi, first of all I apologize for posting same request here but this thread may fit it better. I started working on backtesting indicator that is supposed to calculate wins and losses for binary options. I started with basic Bollinger Bands where you get call arrows or put arrows if price is out of bands. However I have never done anything in mql5 before and can't figure out how to make it work - I managed to plot Bollinger Bands but arrows don't appear at all and results are not working. Could someone take a look and possibly tell me how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

Your 4th buffer is used for calculations not for drawing

neverbeast:
Thanks in advance.

To add to what whisperer told : you declared 4 drawing buffers and are trying to use 5 drawing buffers. First clean up the way how the buffers are used in that indicator and the rest should be easier

Also, the logic of mt5 buffers usage is inverted compared to mt4 : i-e th element is eth element in the past in mql5 - you can not convert mql4 code 1:1 to mql5

Hi Mladen,

Been a while .I have been very happy using two great indis made by you ie DZ Step MA PDF nmc 3 and DZ ma rsi adaptive MACD ver 2 for sometime now.

Now my data provider/broker is going all MT5 only.

Would it be possible to convert these two indies to MT5? Or has it been done already? Search didn't reveal them.

I am willing to take the Adv elite/elite package in order to have them converted. Your guidance is much appreciated

If anyone can help regarding this please do let me know.

Thanks

ironiq:
Hi Mladen,

Been a while .I have been very happy using two great indis made by you ie DZ Step MA PDF nmc 3 and DZ ma rsi adaptive MACD ver 2 for sometime now.

Now my data provider/broker is going all MT5 only.

Would it be possible to convert these two indies to MT5? Or has it been done already? Search didn't reveal them.

I am willing to take the Adv elite/elite package in order to have them converted. Your guidance is much appreciated

ironiq:
If anyone can help regarding this please do let me know. Thanks

Which broker is forcing users to use mt5 only?

techmac:
Which broker is forcing users to use mt5 only?

Never heard about any yet

Some suicide broker?

Reason: