Progress of the ElectricSavant Challenge™ - page 3

Because I SUCK at trading...Just Ask Wifey

omelette:
LOL! No, it wasn't an inqusition-type query - just genuinely curious. I am aware of your stated results, but I was wondering why you were unprofitable trading stocks - was it buy-and-hold trading that was your undoing or something else? Personally, most of my profits (and losses) came from stocks, and I learnt the hard way that 'Buy-and-Hold' is a no-no - my biggest loser was a longterm "sure-thing" that I held without taking profits, and even though I was up $100k on paper at one stage, I ended with a $58k d/d overnight. It taught me a valuable lesson, though I didn't think so at the time! Anyway, just something to think about...

If you have a Challenge to a group of Garage racers and along comes Dale Waltrip...Cale Yaroborough...etc...

Well..

You just open the doors and let them in....If your smart you extend to them a few practice laps or even an invitation to run the entire Challenge to show us what they can do...

well there is a 6th Challenger who is just that...

so I may have an exciting announcement to make soon with the "roll-out" of the 6th Challenge...stay tuned and check in often'

ES

This is a "must-read" post

Funding for the survivor from the ATC contest that had the #1 Sharpe ratio and the #1 profit factor will be complete today.

I closed one of my personal live trading EA's for this one to make room.

Thats right folks...This coder states he altered his race car to be tuned for this track...the drawdown track...and I am confident we will learn some stuff.

He is not anonymous and I will start the thread as soon as I discover what the name of the EA is...and he will introduce himself..

Good Trading to US

ES

Bright Idea's :: View topic - FxBanditII v1.3.3 (ATC #1 in Profit Factor and Sharpe Ratio)

Ok..

The 6th Challenger is now running and smiling. there was a short delay with a technical difficulty.

I honestly do not know why someone is voting against this thread....this should be a 5-star thread with what is being shared here...I just do not get it? Is someone jealous or offended?

I endeavor to not mislead and I corrected a problem in my post above. This Challenger is #1 in th Profit Factor and Sharpe Ratio...so he was a Champion in my eyes...but he did place 18th in the ATC Championships...so that makes him one of the Champions doesn't it?

ES

I have just spent 5min of my life looking for these elusive Metaquotes stats. to no avail - would you have a link?

I do not have the link...but perhaps the Challenger may contribute...

omy...may I request that you follow along with a few minutes of your life in the Challenge thread ..your input and experience would be appreciated, if you decided to share .

ES

omelette:
I have just spent 5min of my life looking for these elusive Metaquotes stats. to no avail - would you have a link?

ElectricSavant:

This is a "must-read" post

Funding for the survivor from the ATC contest that had the #1 Sharpe ratio and the #1 profit factor will be complete today.

I closed one of my personal live trading EA's for this one to make room.

Thats right folks...This coder states he altered his race car to be tuned for this track...the drawdown track...and I am confident we will learn some stuff.

He is not anonymous and I will start the thread as soon as I discover what the name of the EA is...and he will introduce himself..

Good Trading to US

ES

Bright Idea's :: View topic - FxBanditII v1.3.3 (ATC #1 in Profit Factor and Sharpe Ratio)

If FXbandit is it, it has potential. I tested version II 1.0 fow quite a while and it had periods of incredible accuracy and very good profits. However, there was a period that some losses ran pretty large before they were closed and ate up most of the profits. Im very curious about version II v1.3.3 and how it changed loss control as this EA definitely had potential.

Regards. Luk.

zomg,

I want to thank you for your earlier referral to that other EA place...I would have never of found it. I just wanted you to know I have not forgotten your information and charitable attitude. Traders need to help one another and you are a shining example of this.

ES

zomg:
If FXbandit is it, it has potential. I tested version II 1.0 fow quite a while and it had periods of incredible accuracy and very good profits. However, there was a period that some losses ran pretty large before they were closed and ate up most of the profits. Im very curious about version II v1.3.3 and how it changed loss control as this EA definitely had potential. Regards. Luk.

ElectricSavant:
zomg,

I want to thank you for your earlier referral to that other EA place...I would have never of found it. I just wanted you to know I have not forgotten your information and charitable attitude. Traders need to help one another and you are a shining example of this.

ES

No problem, glad it was a good one. I wish I could be a better and more experienced trader to contribute in more ways than that. Oh well

Regards. Luk.

How well is it doing now, ES? I suppose you could let us see your forwardtrade results now.

Reason: