Progress of the ElectricSavant Challenge™ - page 8

You know I was about ready to give up Forex Trading...actually all trading....

Anyways without sounding like bragging I got my EA...I get the chance to trade jerung in my own account. I hope the dealer allows me to trade this a little while and win for once.

I believe I will get all my money back that was lost in the ElectricSavant Challenge™.

The community here acted honestly and like gentlemen and no one burnt me....everybody that entered did so honestly and felt that they could beat the Challenge (The anticipated winner did not even know he could, but wanted to try).

Anyway's I layed myself open to the whole globe with real money and accepted the Challenge from a handfull of brave coders. Everyone of them were unique in their knowledge and some actually incredible geniuses to say the least.

I will have to admit on 10/09/08 that I was wrong and that the criteria was beaten by one sole survivor.

I cannot explain where I went wrong in my calculations, but I can tell you that a mathematician confirmed my hypothesis about the 15% (I added 2%) in any 6 month slice of random walk...Late Edit: jerung has hit a string of losses in the final lap and may well lose the Challenge™ after all!

...anyways...jerung's coder acts like he was lucky and did not believe an indicator based EA could perform like jerung did...(he does not even trade it for himself). Well, I must say that jerung is the single greatest thing brought into my trading world in 30 years and definatley the highlight of my automated trading quest.

Thank you for the chance and opportunity to let my act of desperation be fullfilled with a surprise outcome.

ES

I get a lot of PM's on quanitative analysis and such...

Here is a fact I can share...
  • Prices can lose as much as 70% of its directional bias within 24hrs. OF ANY POINT IN TIME...within 48 hrs it can turn directionally random....

Now...

The ElectricSavant Challenge™ was developed with some other data that is proprietary and uses a 6-month slice, but my point is that this is a possible nut to quantfy very accuratley...

jerung has about 20 days left and it started at a very strategic 6 month slice of time... and in the end the ElectricSavant Challenge will probably be undefeated...but I hope not...☺(the fact that jerung is rattling my cage and that it is still standing is amazing indeed).

ES

P.S. Exact analysis is 8 months and 15%...but I lowered the standards by two months to be 6 months and raised the DD from 15% to be 17% to allow retail traders a chance to beat this...jerung was far too powerful to allow this variance...but it is hindsite...I have probably posted too much about this, but quanitative analysis of the currency market actually supports Fundemental Trading over TA....Probably two or three posters here understand this...like Igor...MiniMe and that group...

Well Ladies and Gentlemen,

The ElectricSavant Challenge™ now officially remains undefeated. jerung just lost the trade that put it below the drawdown and this Challenge is over. jerung lasted the longest, but in only 2 weeks left to go it struck the losing trade. I really had to think twice about the Challenge Criteria and I was hoping that jerung could have beaten the Challenge.

I do not know if I will continue in my quest for an EA that can beat this. But I do not believe there is one and now I know it...

If there is one I Challenge anyone to prove it...otherwise there is not one...ok?

Thank you for reading this thread...It has been fun☺

The thread will be closed as soon as ND gets my PM...But it will be here for all to read in the future. I suggest that the experienced traders reference this thread to new traders in denial.

Newbies I want you to pay attention....lower your expectations and keep your day job...ok?

ES

Reason: