Does these trading robots makes a profit?

Hi there, I just downloaded few top EA put them into strategy tester and the results looks impressive but checking some single trades it does not look like they would ever be profitable or even executed because price just never been at specified level at a time. Has anyone else been in doubt going through entry exit points tp sl analysis before even renting one of these EA's. Many thanks

Bronek536:
Hi there, I just downloaded few top EA put them into strategy tester and the results looks impressive but checking some single trades it does not look like they would ever be profitable or even executed because price just never been at specified level at a time. Has anyone else been in doubt going through entry exit points tp sl analysis before even renting one of these EA's. Many thanks
Think about it... if the EA would make money, why would the author sell it? 

John McClark:

I'm sorry John ... I completely against your opinion ...

I believe that there are too many EAs are not making profit as they should be but if the EA coder has did a good one why not to sell it?

Why not think of the following reasons ? 

- He (may be) has no enough money to trade! ...

- He (may be) wants to share his success with others ...

- He (may be) wants to increase his profit by marketing successful product ... Having an extra stream for making money !

- He (may be) is not a good trader ...

- He (may be) enjoy marketing his EA more than trading itself ...

..........................................................................................

At least, if his EA is really making good money and he sells it, this means he is not a selfish person and not keeping it for himself. 

and also it means

• you will have to find this one robot out of XXX.XXX other robots like finding a needle in a haystack ...
  • this robot might use a technique that is not back-test able ...
  • this robot might be back testable but fails miserably on the tester whilst making you rich on live market feeds ...
  • the fact that he is able to make it profitable does not mean you can make it profitable too, he wrote the thing ...
  • it may perform excellent, but can contain a bug that will lock into an order loop, draining your account in seconds ...
  • the results can vary due to differences in available balance and leverage ...
  • i can go on, and on, there are many things ...

Osama Shaban:

I'm sorry John ... I completely against your opinion ...

I believe that there are too many EAs are not making profit as they should be but if the EA coder has did a good one why not to sell it?

Why not think of the following reasons ? 

- He (may be) has no enough money to trade! ...

- He (may be) wants to share his success with others ...

- He (may be) wants to increase his profit by marketing successful product ... Having an extra stream for making money !

- He (may be) is not a good trader ...

- He (may be) enjoy marketing his EA more than trading itself ...

..........................................................................................

At least, if his EA is really making good money and he sells it, this means he is not a selfish person and not keeping it for himself. 

I totally agree with you.

John McClark:
The question is, if you have a good EA, why do you want to keep it for you ?

John McClark :
question is... do you abble to code the similar ea? I ve read enough from forum to forum, this question is normally came from the person that frustrated from trading and looking out such profitable EA, , , the answer is... you need to understand Your trading environment that your broker use... how can u be a successfull trader if you dont understand your broker environment match with your Trading style????

if everybody was using the same profitable robot, this could start to affect the market.

Why speculate on the signal publishers' motivations? Surely some would be ripoffs, some trying to make a living with signals, and some just for fun or spreading some love. I think testing the signal for oneself is a more reliable way.

But I believe there might be some signals that are really profitable. Otherwise, this entire signals business would quickly go out of fashion.

I have bought and used several (almost more than 30) EA.

Only 2 EA has made profit until now. Others were unuseful. And I lost too much money unfortunately.

When you use EA, you should be very very careful.

I had lost more than 50 % my balance in only one day because of one EA :(.

Foreksdurum:

I have bought and used several (almost more than 30) EA.

Only 2 EA has made profit until now. Others were unuseful. And I lost too much money unfortunately.

When you use EA, you should be very very careful.

I had lost more than 50 % my balance in only one day because of one EA :(.

Can you share with us the name of profitable EA's? I bought 5 until now and still losing money.
Reason: